Meet. The electric skillet.
My new best friend?
We are still working kitchen-less out here in the country. And now. Without a kitchen sink!
Have you ever done dishes in the bathroom sink? Like, a lot?
Jealous, aren’t you?
But. We do have cabinets! And new counter tops! And appliances!
But since we are still without a hooked up stove, it was time to look to my new bff the electric skillet for some dinner inspiration.
This recipe is the perfect solution to a flavorful one dish meal. Which fits the bill for a kitchen-less dinner. But also just for a super busy weeknight meal as well!
It’s super easy to throw together, and involves the use of a few short cut items…
I’ve always liked these Aidells sausages. And if I can find them at a Food Lion in the midst of the cornfields, I know that you can probably find them pretty much anywhere! 😉
A couple packages of pre-cooked rice also helped with the no-stove situation too.
After a few minutes in the skillet it’s time to serve things up with a little extra spice!!
An easy one dish weeknight meal. Whether it’s from a plugged in skillet or a pan on the stovetop, it’ll definitely be devoured!
Spicy Sausage & Rice – Electric Skillet Style
- 1 onion, chopped into large pieces
- 1 yellow & 1 green bell pepper, chopped into large pieces
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 package Aidells cajun andoulle sausage, sliced
- 1 can no-salt diced tomatoes
- 2 packages pre-cooked rice (brown or white), heated according to directions
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tblsp dried parsley
- salt & pepper to taste
- sriracha, to taste
- Saute onion and peppers in 1 tblsp olive oil for 5 minutes over medium. Add sliced sausages for another 5 minutes, until they start to brown. Throw in garlic and spices for a minute and then canned tomatoes. Stir and cover, simmering over medium for 10 minutes.
- Stir in precooked rice and sriracha to taste. Serve!