Super Simple. Because during the week, that’s just all there’s time for these days.
Six ingredients. Nothing fancy.
These spicy meatballs from Whole Foods are just too good to pass up.
They have a slightly spicy and smokey flavor to them, which you could probably recreate with some chipotle in adobo or smoked paprika I would think.
Or you could just use whatever meatballs you prefer!
Doesn’t look so pretty… but let’s not be judgey here. Trust me. It tastes good!
With just some frozen butternut squash and leafy greens (these were a mix of collards, kale & mustard greens) and a few pantry staples, this takes no effort and turns out as a quick and hearty soup that will warm you right up.
But in case you aren’t warmed enough, you know you can always top with some spicy sriracha or sambal too #sotypical
And while we’re on the topic of smokey…
Just.THIS. Hello lovah.
6 ingredient Spicy Meatball, Squash & Kale Soup
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 48 oz. box organic vegetable broth
- 1 12oz package frozen pureed squash
- 1 lb. premade spicy meatballs*
- 16 oz frozen leafy greens (or kale, collards)
* I picked these up at Whole Foods, they have a slightly spicy and smokey flavor that could be recreated using chipotle in adobo, smoked paprika, etc. Or you could just use whatever meatballs you like!
1. Saute onion in 1 tblsp olive oil, 5 minutes. Add garlic another minute. Add frozen squash and pour in broth, bringing to a boil. Cover and turn down to a simmer for 10 minutes.
2. Add meatballs. Simmer, covered, another 20 minutes.
3. Add frozen kale or greens. Simmer, covered, another 10 minutes.