Looking to thrill your taste buds with a dish that’s both tangy and sweet? Look no further than this Maple Sriracha Chicken Kabobs recipe. These kabobs are perfect for those who love to turn up the heat in their meals but also savor the sweetness of maple syrup. These skewers are incredibly easy to make and only require a few simple ingredients.
If you’re planning on hosting guests, this dish is the perfect crowd-pleaser to serve at your dinner or backyard barbecue party. Impress your guests with these mouth-watering kabobs that feature tender chicken breasts, red bell peppers, and juicy pineapples, all coated with a flavorful glaze of maple syrup and sriracha sauce.
Whether it’s a casual house party or a camping trip in the great outdoors, these kabobs make for an excellent option. The recipe calls for simple ingredients and minimal cooking time, making clean-up a breeze. Trust us; once you try these savory, sticky Maple Sriracha Chicken Kabobs, they will become your go-to choice for dinner recipes!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
If you’re looking to impress your guests with a delicious, fiery and mouth-watering dish, then the Maple Sriracha Chicken Kabobs Recipe is the perfect option for you. Not only is it an excellent party food but also an excellent addition to a weekend camping trip where you can enjoy the grilled chicken while breathing in the outdoors.
Firstly, the combination of maple syrup and sriracha sauce creates a heavenly mixture of savory and sweet flavors that will leave your taste buds wanting more. The syrup adds a touch of sweetness while the sriracha strikes a delightful balance with its spicy heat.
Moreover, the juicy and tender chicken breasts cubed and glazed in this tasty sauce create a taste that will surely satisfy you and your guests. The recipe’s marinade promises optimal absorption of flavors which makes sure that each bite is infused with maximum flavor.
Additionally, adding chunks of pineapples and red bell peppers makes things even better: pineapples add to the sweetness while also providing a perfect contrast in texture. The crispy red bell peppers offer not only added crunch but also come loaded up with vitamins, minerals, and fiber.
Finally, this dish serves food-friendly versatility when it comes to meal times. These kabobs pair superbly with sweet glazed rice, salads as well as fresh vegetables. Therefore, if you love to cook outdoors or want something to serve in a big gathering that won’t have you standing over the stove for hours straight, try our Maple Sriracha Chicken Kabobs Recipe – this tasty recipe will quickly become one of your favorites!
- 2 large chicken breasts, cubed into 1-inch pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, cubed into 1-inch pieces
- 1 pineapple, cubed into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon sriracha sauce
For additional glaze:
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon sriracha sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon chili sauce
Note: This recipe makes 4 kabobs. Double or triple the ingredients if you have more guests.
Most of these are pantry staples, and you may already have them on hand! The star of this recipe is the sauce that combines sweet and spicy flavors. Make sure to use high-quality maple syrup and soy sauce to get the best taste possible. Cubed chicken, pineapple, and red bell pepper are perfect for cooking through quickly while grilling, while still retaining their natural sweetness.
The Recipe How-To
Now that we’ve covered the ingredients list, let’s dive into the directions for making these delicious Maple Sriracha Chicken Kabobs!
- Begin by soaking the wooden skewers in cold water for about 30 minutes. This helps to prevent them from burning when grilling.
- While the skewers are soaking, cube your chicken breasts and chop your vegetables and pineapple into bite-sized pieces.
- In a large bowl, whisk together 1/4 cup soy sauce, 1/4 cup maple syrup, 1 tablespoon sriracha sauce, and the juice of one lime to create the marinade.
Marinating the Chicken
- Add the cubed chicken to the bowl with the marinade and toss to thoroughly coat each piece.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and marinate in the fridge for at least 30 minutes. For best results, let it marinate for up to 24 hours.
Assembling the Kabobs
- When ready to assemble the kabobs, preheat your grill on medium heat.
- Thread the marinated chicken, vegetables, and pineapple onto soaked wooden skewers, alternating between ingredients.
- Brush extra marinade over each kabob to add more flavor.
- Grill kabobs for 10-12 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked through, flipping once halfway through.
Glazing the Kabobs
- In a small saucepan, combine 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup and 1 tablespoon sriracha sauce.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally for about 5 minutes until thickened into a glaze.
- Brush this glaze over each kabob while still hot from the grill.
- Serve immediately with any remaining glaze on top.
Enjoy your sweet and spicy maple sriracha chicken kabobs! These are perfect for summertime grilling or even for camping trips!
Substitutions and Variations
One of the best things about this Maple Sriracha Chicken Kabobs recipe is that it’s quite versatile. It’s easy to tweak the ingredients to cater to your preferences or dietary restrictions. Here are some substitutions and variations you can try:
– Vegetarian option: If you want to make a vegetarian version, you can replace the chicken breasts with tofu, halloumi cheese or portobello mushrooms. They’ll work well with the sweet and spicy glaze.
– Using chicken thighs: For a richer flavor and juicier texture, chicken thighs are a great alternative to breasts. You can still cube them and prepare them as skewers, or simply cook them on a grill or in a pan.
– Different veggies: While red bell pepper and pineapple add color and sweetness to the dish, you can swap them for other veggies like onions, zucchini, cherry tomatoes or mushrooms. Make sure you cut them into bite-size pieces to cook evenly.
– Heat level: Adjust the amount of heat according to your tolerance. If you don’t like spicy food, reduce the amount of sriracha sauce or use a milder chili sauce instead. Conversely, if you’re a heat seeker, add extra sriracha or chili flakes.
– Sauce variations: You can play around with the sauce base by swapping out some of the ingredients. Instead of maple syrup, try honey or brown sugar. As for the soy sauce, tamari or coconut aminos work just as well. You can also mix in other seasonings like garlic powder, ginger powder or smoked paprika.
– Grilled chicken: For anyone loving camping trips or outdoor grilling sessions, marinate the chicken in advance then bring it along to grill over an open flame while enjoying nature’s beauty.
With these substitutions and variations in mind, feel free to experiment with different flavor combinations until you find your perfect Maple Sriracha Chicken Kabobs recipe.
Serving and Pairing
If you’re looking for a meal that’s as visually appealing as it is delicious, these Maple Sriracha Chicken Kabobs won’t disappoint. Serve them up on a platter and let the vibrant colors of the red bell pepper and pineapple be the star of the show.
I recommend pairing these kabobs with a helping of fluffy white rice or quinoa to soak up all the flavors from the maple sriracha sauce. Or, if you’re feeling adventurous, try serving them up with some grilled vegetables for extra nutritional value.
If you plan on serving these kabobs at a party, I suggest making a big batch and letting guests serve themselves family-style. These kabobs are perfect for outdoor gatherings like BBQs or camping trips, where their sweet and spicy flavor can be enjoyed in the great outdoors.
To take these kabobs to the next level, try brushing on a bit of sriracha barbecue sauce during the last few minutes of grilling time. This will give them an extra smoky kick that pairs beautifully with the sweet maple glaze.
No matter how you choose to serve them, these Maple Sriracha Chicken Kabobs are sure to become a go-to dinner recipe in your household. So fire up that grill and get ready to dig in!
Make-Ahead, Storing and Reheating
One of the things I love most about this Maple Sriracha Chicken Kabob recipe is its versatility in terms of make-ahead, storing, and reheating options. Whether you’re planning to grill the kabobs a few hours before a party or preparing them in advance for a busy weeknight, there are several ways you can make the most out of this delicious recipe.
To make these kabobs ahead of time, you can marinate the chicken and vegetables overnight in a large resealable plastic bag. This will infuse even more flavor into the ingredients and save you some prep time on the day of grilling.
When it comes to storage, you can keep any leftover kabobs in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3-4 days. Alternatively, if you’re planning to store them for longer periods, it’s best to freeze them in an airtight container for up to 2-3 months.
To reheat the kabobs, simply place them on a baking sheet and warm them in a preheated oven at 350°F for approximately 10 minutes until they are heated through. You can also heat them up on a grill or in the microwave if you prefer a quicker solution.
One tip I highly recommend is reserving some of the marinade when making these kabobs. You can use it as a glaze when reheating or grilling, which will add an extra layer of flavor and keep your kabobs moist.
Overall, with these make-ahead, storing, and reheating options, this Maple Sriracha Chicken Kabob recipe is perfect for any occasion – whether you’re throwing a party or meal-prepping for an entire week. It’s one of those recipes that only gets tastier as it sits so feel free to make it ahead!
Tips for Perfect Results
When it comes to grilling Maple Sriracha Chicken Kabobs, there are some tips and tricks that ensure juicy and flavorful results every time. Here are my top tips for perfect Maple Sriracha Chicken Kabobs.
Firstly, marinate the chicken. Marinating overnight makes the chicken thighs tastier and healthier. As the marinade cooks on the grill, it caramelizes into a sweet, sticky glaze that adds incredible flavor to your chicken kabobs. It’s important to reserve some of the marinade as a finishing sauce for serving with the cooked chicken kabobs.
Secondly, be sure to properly skewer the ingredients. Ensure that the chicken is cut in uniform sizes to prevent uneven cooking. Soak wooden skewers in water for at least 10 minutes before threading them to prevent burning.
Thirdly, grill your kabobs over medium-high heat. Too low heat can lead to chewy and undercooked chicken while high heat can scorch or burn them especially when coated in maple syrup. Cook for four minutes on each side or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F. Baste with remaining sauce during cooking.
Fourthly, don’t be afraid to add extra veggies to these kabobs. Sliced mushrooms, cherry tomatoes or yellow squash complemented these kabobs beautifully by adding an extra crunch and color pop.
Lastly, let your kabobs rest before serving. Cover them with foil and allow them to rest for five minutes before enjoying this incredibly delicious recipe fully. The juices redistribute evenly when you leave them tented with foil allowing every bite of your grilled kabob’s ingredients juicy and loaded with flavor.
Mastering these simple tips will guarantee perfect results every time you cook up Maple Sriracha Chicken Kabobs on your grill, whether you’re entertaining family and friends over the weekend or just enjoying it yourself after a long day at work.
As you prepare to make this Maple Sriracha Chicken Kabobs Recipe, you may have a few questions about the ingredients, preparation, cooking time and potential substitutions. Here are some frequently asked questions that will help you navigate your way through the recipe and make it with ease.
Should I bake or broil chicken kabobs?
Kabobs are often associated with outdoor summer cooking, but did you know that they can also be cooked in the oven? Using the broiler function in your oven is a fantastic way to achieve that classic charbroiled taste without actually needing to fire up the grill.
What to serve with chicken kabobs on the grill?
When it comes to sides to serve with the kabobs, there are plenty of options to take your taste buds to the next level. A bed of Lemon Rice pairs perfectly with the flavor profile of the kabobs. If you’re in the mood for something more on the savory side, warm pita bread and hummus will do the trick. And when you’re in the mood for some leafy greens, a salad with creamy dressing or vinaigrette is sure to hit the spot. So mix and match, and find the perfect combination of sides that fit your taste preference.
How long do you grill chicken kabobs?
For perfectly cooked chicken kabobs, allow eight minutes when using white meat and about nine minutes for dark meat on the grill. It’s crucial to ensure the chicken reaches 165°F, so using an instant-read digital thermometer is a great way to confirm that. Once the chicken is cooked through, take it off the grill and serve hot without needing to rest.
How do you keep kabobs warm for a party?
To ensure that all kabobs are cooked to perfection, it’s wise to keep a watchful eye on each skewer. If some turn out perfectly before the rest, don’t worry about it! Simply transfer them to a plate and cover them up with some foil until the others catch up. This way, you won’t have to serve your guests cold kabobs.
In conclusion, the Maple Sriracha Chicken Kabobs Recipe is a delicious and simple dish to prepare for any occasion. With its sweet and spicy notes, it’s perfect for any cravings or gatherings. The marinade is easy to mix and can be customized according to your desired level of heat. And the best part is that it can be prepared in advance, making hosting a party less stressful.
Whether you’re planning a camping trip or hosting a dinner party with friends, these kabobs will surely make everyone’s tastebuds dance with joy. So why not give this recipe a try and impress your guests? Don’t forget to pair it with some grilled vegetables or rice to make it a complete meal.
With only a few simple ingredients, you can create a flavorful and protein-packed meal that is perfect for any occasion. Trust us when we say that your family and friends will be asking for seconds (or thirds). So gather your ingredients together and get ready to enjoy the sweet and spicy flavors of Maple Sriracha Chicken Kabobs. It’s easy, delicious, and sure to be a hit!
Maple Sriracha Chicken Kabobs Recipe
- 2 large chicken breasts, cubed
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon sriracha Asian chili sauce
- 1 pineapple, cubed
- 1 red bell pepper, cubed
- Place cubed chicken breasts in a large resealable plastic bag.
- Whisk together soy sauce, maple syrup, and sriracha sauce.
- Pour over the top of the chicken and massage into the chicken.
- Marinate for at least 15 minutes to 24 hours in the ice chest.
- Once the chicken is done marinating, soak wooden skewers in water for 10 minutes.
- Then skewer the chicken pieces, red bell pepper and pineapple on to the skewer.
- Grill chicken until thoroughly cooked through. About 10 minutes.
Your Own Notes
Recommended Recipes Just For You
Anna is a culinary expert who specializes in grilling delicious BBQ dishes. She also enjoys sharing her recipes and experiences with her foodie community on her blog. She’s the total package for any backyard barbecue!