Welcome to the world of restaurant-quality cooking, my dear food enthusiastes! Today, I am going to reveal the secrets of one of the most loved dishes from BJ’s Restaurant and Brewhouse – Parmesan Crusted Chicken!
Just the mention of this dish will surely make your tastebuds dance with excitement. If you’re a fan of baked chicken or chicken parm, then you are in for one heck of a treat. This recipe is all about crispy and juicy chicken breasts coated with parmesan crust and served with lemon chardonnay butter sauce on top.
While I hold some degree of pride in crafting this dish for any party, it is not just its taste that makes it stand out among the crowd. The preparation time is short, and you can easily get all the ingredients without breaking the bank.
If you’re looking to amaze your dinner guests with this delicious Copycat BJ’s Parmesan Crusted Chicken Recipe, then let’s dive right into it!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
Are you craving some delicious and juicy chicken that’s got a perfect balance of flavor and texture? Then you’ll absolutely fall in love with this Parmesan Crusted Chicken recipe from BJ’s Restaurant Brewhouse. This recipe is one of the most popular dishes that BJ’s serves, and for good reason.
Firstly, the Parmesan crust perfectly coats the chicken breasts, creating a crispy yet delicate layer that adds a whole new dimension of flavor to this classic dish. The Parmesan cheese is nicely complemented by the sun-dried tomatoes and fresh basil in the butter sauce, which gives the chicken breasts a lovely burst of tangy and savory flavors.
Secondly, this recipe is easy to prepare, even for novice home chefs. You’ll need only basic ingredients like eggs, all-purpose flour, and chicken broth to make this mouth-watering dish come to life. Plus, it won’t take up all your time because cooking those chicken breasts takes only about 20 minutes!
Thirdly, this recipe is incredibly versatile. You can enjoy it as an entree with mashed potatoes or green salad on the side or chop up those crusty parmesan pieces into strips and serve them up as an appetizer at your next party! Trust me; your guests will not be disappointed.
Finally, it won’t break your bank account. You can cook this copycat recipe in your own kitchen without having to spend a fortune at BJ’s restaurant. Being able to control ingredients’ freshness not only helps you eat healthier but also saves you some dough that you can invest elsewhere!
In short, if you’re looking for something easy to make yet utterly delicious that will satisfy everyone at your dinner table or party – this Parmesan Crusted Chicken has it all!
Get Ready to Gather These Ingredients:
- Chicken breasts — 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts.
- All-purpose flour — 1 cup of all-purpose flour for coating the chicken breasts.
- Eggs — 4 eggs beaten and used for dipping the coated chicken.
- Salt — 1 teaspoon salt, divided.
- Chicken broth — 2 cups of chicken broth; for this recipe, I recommend using low-sodium chicken broth.
- Parmesan cheese — 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese, plus more for garnishing
- Sun-dried tomatoes, chopped, amount to your preference
- Fresh basil leaves, chopped into small pieces
- Light olive oil or vegetable oil
- Heavy cream
- Granulated sugar
- Lemon juice
- Salted butter
- Ground black pepper
These ingredients are essential to create the BJ’s Restaurant Parmesan Crusted Chicken Recipe. Make sure to check if you have them in your pantry before making any substitutions.
The Recipe How-To
Coat Chicken in Flour Mixture
To create that crusty parmesan coating on the chicken breast, the first thing to do is to prepare the coating mixture. In a shallow dish, mix 1 cup all-purpose flour, 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper. Whisk together 4 beaten eggs in a separate dish.
Take each of your chicken breasts and coat them with the flour mixture, followed by dipping them into the egg mixture. Make sure each chicken breast is properly coated on both sides, then dip it back again into the flour mixture.
Set aside some space for the chicken breast to rest until ready for cooking. Letting it rest allows for the coating to adhere well to the chicken, meaning more flavor and satisfying crunch after breading.
Fry The Chickens
Using a large skillet or deep frying pan, heat about 1 inch of light olive oil over medium-high heat.
Once hot enough (you can test by flicking some flour over it, if it sizzles, you’re good), fry up the chicken for about 5-7 minutes per side until crispy, golden brown and cooked through. Remember not to overcrowd the pan as it could alter heat retention and mess with browning. Remove from oil and onto a paper towel-lined plate before transferring to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper to finish baking.
Bake and Cheese’em Up
When all chickens are fried up, top with a little bit of shredded parmesan cheese before sliding them into the hot oven set at 450°F for an additional 5-7 minutes.
If you want melted cheese aplenty paired with sauce that’s savory and intense in flavor, match your freshly baked parm-crusted-chicken-breasts with some classic Marinara sauce or white wine reduction that has blended together lightened cream, lemon juice and butter – this topping comes straight from an awesome copycat recipe I stumbled upon when I was doing research! But if you want Chardonnay butter sauce as served in BJ’s restaurant brewhouse original recipe instead, melt ½ stick of salted butter in 1/4 cup Chardonnay wine blend poured over sun dried tomatoes, fresh chopped basil and grated parmesan cheese over low heat on small saucepan until blended well.
Once done seasoning up your crusted chicken (aka “BJ’s Restaurant Parmesan Crusted Chicken”), hand out portions as everyone makes sure their plates come complete with some creamy white cheddar mashed potatoes to truly make this meal memorable – as we know dinner recipes practically always goes better when paired up perfect sides!
Substitutions and Variations
Now that you’ve mastered the basics of this BJ’s Restaurant Parmesan Crusted Chicken Recipe, let’s explore some fun ways to switch things up.
First, if you want to make this recipe a bit lighter, you can try using light olive oil instead of butter. It will still give your dish a great flavor and save you a few calories.
Secondly, if you’re looking to add a little extra zest to your chicken, try swapping out the lemon chardonnay butter sauce for a marinade made from beer. It might sound strange at first, but marinated chicken can be absolutely divine when it’s prepared just right.
Lastly, for those of you who love exploring new flavors, try adding some sun-dried tomatoes or fresh basil to the breading mixture for an extra pop of flavor. You could also swap out the Parmesan cheese for white cheddar or another sharp cheese to give your chicken a unique taste.
Don’t be afraid to get creative with your substitutions and variations! The beauty of cooking is that there aren’t really any rules – as long as it tastes good in the end, that’s all that matters.
Serving and Pairing
Welcome back, fellow chefs. Are you ready to turn your kitchen into a restaurant-style paradise? Then let’s talk about serving and pairing this irresistible Parmesan Crusted Chicken.
Picture this: perfectly cooked, juicy chicken breast taking center stage on your plate, with a crispy golden parmesan crust on top. And what could be better than to add a side of mashed potatoes smothered in a creamy chardonnay butter sauce?
But wait…there’s more! Prepare to blow the minds of your guests by adding a pop of color and flavor to your dish with some sun-dried tomatoes and fresh basil leaves. It’s truly a feast for both the eyes and the tastebuds.
As for pairing, nothing beats sipping on a glass chilled Chardonnay to complement the richness of the dish. And don’t underestimate the power of beer – an ice-cold beer would also pair flawlessly with the savory flavors in this dish.
This Parmesan crusted chicken recipe is not only perfect for elegant dinner parties but it can also make yummy appetizers and snacks for game nights or casual gatherings. Serve it alongside some breadsticks or sliced baguette to soak up every last drop of that delightful butter sauce.
So go ahead, put on those chef hats and get ready to impress with this incredible BJ Restaurant Parmesan Crusted Chicken recipe.
Make-Ahead, Storing and Reheating
Now, let’s talk about how to make this delicious chicken recipe ahead of time, storing it properly and reheating it to perfection.
If you’re planning to prepare the BJ’s Restaurant Parmesan Crusted Chicken Recipe for a party, you can make the chicken breasts ahead of time and store them in the fridge until you’re ready to bake them. Once you have prepared the recipe, just let it cool down to room temperature before wrapping it in plastic wrap or sealing it in an airtight container. You can keep your cooked chicken in the refrigerator for up to three days without losing its moist and tender texture.
When you’re ready to reheat the chicken, you can either use your oven or stovetop. For oven reheating, preheat your oven to 350°F then place the chicken on a baking dish and cover it with aluminum foil. Bake the chicken for 15 to 20 minutes or until it’s heated through. If you choose stovetop reheating, heat a small amount of light olive oil in a non-stick pan over medium heat, then add the chicken breasts and cook for a few minutes on each side until they are warmed up.
Remember that once you’ve reheated your chicken once, it shouldn’t be reheated again. So if you have leftovers from your party that are still uneaten, consider repurposing them instead of reheating them again.
In summary, making this Parmesan Crusted Chicken Recipe ahead of time will save you time and effort on party day while storing and reheating your cooked leftovers properly will ensure that they remain just as yummy as when they were fresh out of the oven!
Tips for Perfect Results
Now that you have all the ingredients and know-how on how to make Bj’s Restaurant Parmesan Crusted Chicken Recipe it’s time to master the art of cooking. To help you achieve perfect results, here are some tips that will take your dish from good to restaurant-quality:
1. Pound the Chicken – pound chicken breasts into even thickness before breading and baking, this will help them cook evenly throughout.
2. Use Fresh Ingredients – fresh basil and sun-dried tomatoes add a burst of flavor and texture to your dish.
3. Use Heavy Cream – when making the lemon chardonnay butter sauce, don’t skip on the heavy cream! It adds a rich, velvety texture that pairs perfectly with baked chicken and parmesan crust.
4. Don’t Overcrowd the Pan – leave enough space between each crusted chicken breast when baking. This will ensure that the crust stays crispy and doesn’t get soggy.
5. Bake at the Right Temperature – preheat your oven to 450°F and bake for 15-20 minutes or until your chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F. This higher temperature helps create a golden brown crust while keeping the interior moist and juicy.
6. Use a Meat Thermometer – always use a meat thermometer to check if your chicken is fully cooked if you are unsure.
7. Pair With White Cheddar Mashed Potatoes – you can never go wrong with mashed potatoes as a side dish, but white cheddar mashed potatoes elevate this meal to another level.
8. Serve Immediately – serve the chicken immediately after baking for maximum crispiness and flavor.
By following these tips, your Bj’s Restaurant Parmesan Crusted Chicken Recipe will come out perfectly every time, leaving your guests impressed and satisfied with your cooking skills!
So there you have it, folks! A simple yet flavorful recipe for BJ’s Restaurant Parmesan Crusted Chicken that is sure to leave your taste buds begging for more. With its juicy chicken breast, crispy parmesan crust, and buttery lemon chardonnay sauce, this dish is perfect for any occasion – whether you’re hosting a dinner party or simply looking for a yummy weeknight meal.
I hope you find this recipe easy to follow and that it inspires you to get creative in the kitchen. Feel free to experiment with different variations and substitutions, and don’t forget to serve it with some delicious sides like white cheddar mashed potatoes or a refreshing salad with sun-dried tomatoes and fresh basil.
So why wait? Head over to your kitchen, grab the ingredients, and let’s start cooking! With this BJ’s Restaurant Parmesan Crusted Chicken Recipe, you won’t need to go out to a fancy restaurant because you can now make their famous dish right in the comfort of your own home. Trust me, your friends and family will love it!
And who knows? This recipe might just become one of your go-to dinner recipes whenever you want something easy and delicious. So don’t hesitate and give it a try today! You won’t be disappointed.
BJ’s Restaurant Parmesan Crusted Chicken Recipe
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 chicken breasts
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup Japanese-style bread crumbs (panko)
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
Lemon Chardonnay Butter Sauce
- 1/4 cup salted butter
- 1/4 cup Chardonnay wine
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 dash salt
- 1 1/3 cups heavy cream
- light olive oil
- 2 tablespoons shredded parmesan cheese
- 4 teaspoons minced sun-dried tomatoes
- 4 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh basil
- Make brine for chicken by dissolving salt with chicken broth in a medium bowl. Cover chicken breasts with plastic wrap and pound each one to about 1/2 inch thick with a kitchen mallet. If breasts are large, you can cut them in half. Add flattened chicken to brine. cover and chill for 3 hours.
- When chicken has marinated, remove the fillets from brine and dab with paper towels to remove excess liquid. Beat eggs in a medium bowl, and pour flour onto a plate. Combine breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper in another medium bowl. To bread the chicken, first coat each fillet with flour, then egg, and then the Parmesan mixture. Let the breaded fillets rest for a bit on a plate in your fridge while preparing the Chardonnay butter sauce.
- 3. Make chardonnay butter sauce by melting butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add wine and simmer 1 minute. Stir in lemon juice, sugar and salt and then add cream. Simmer on low heat for 10-12 minutes, until thicker.
- Add enough oil to cover the bottom of a large saute pan, and heat over medium/low until hot. You can check the heat of the oil by dropping a bread crumb into it. If it starts to sizzle, your oil is ready. Saute each breaded chicken fillet in oil for 4-5 minutes per side or until brown. Remove fillets to a paper towel-covered plate until ready to serve. Serve each fillet with a couple of tsp of butter sauce spooned over the top. Pile a tbsp of Parmesan cheese on top of each fillet, followed by 1 heaping teaspoon of minced sun dried tomatoes, and a tbsp of basil.
Your Own Notes
Recommended Recipes Just For You
Anna is a culinary expert who specializes in grilling delicious BBQ dishes. She also enjoys sharing her recipes and experiences with her foodie community on her blog. She’s the total package for any backyard barbecue!