Are you ready to take your taste buds on a trip to the seaside? Look no further than Red Lobster’s famous Cheddar Bay Crab Bake recipe. This dish is a delectable blend of succulent lump crab meat, savory garlic and herb flavors, and melted cheddar cheese – all baked together in a buttery, flaky biscuit mix.
As a home chef who loves throwing parties, I’ve never found a better dish to serve my seafood-loving guests. The Lobster Cheddar Bay biscuits are so tender and cheesy with hints of garlic, they’re almost addictive. The crab bake filling is rich with flavor and texture, making it the perfect hearty meal to share with loved ones.
With this copycat Red Lobster recipe, you can bring the magic of their world-renowned cuisine right to your table. Keep reading for detailed instructions, tips and recommendations on how to make this signature dish at home.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
You know what they say, “I don’t trust people who don’t love Red Lobster’s Cheddar Bay Biscuits”. And I couldn’t agree more. But imagine taking those warm, flaky, cheesy biscuits, stuffing them with the tender and flavorful crab meat, and baking them to perfection. Can you just taste it now?
Get ready because this recipe is about to change the game for you. This isn’t your average crab cake or cheddar biscuit recipe. It’s a perfect mashup of both worlds, creating a mouthwatering explosion of flavor in every bite.
The blend of Bisquick baking mix, garlic powder, and shredded cheddar cheese perfectly complements the succulent lump crab meat, making each biscuit oozing with cheesy goodness. The aroma of parsley flakes and garlic powder wafting from the oven will have you drooling before they’re even ready.
If you want to be known as the ultimate party host or hostess, serving these bay crab bake biscuits will surely leave your guests impressed and coming back for seconds (or thirds).
And let’s not forget that this recipe is highly adaptable. Whether you want to add some shrimp or experiment with different seafood like lobster or scallops, go ahead and make it your own. Make sure to share your delicious creations with your friends and family.
In conclusion, if you’re looking for a show-stopping dish that’s easy to prepare yet full of flavor and texture; Red Lobster’s Cheddar Bay Crab Bake Recipe is the way to go. Not only will this dish satisfy your cravings, but it will also elevate any occasion you prepare it for. Trust me; your taste buds will thank you.
Let me tell you about what you need to make this Red Lobster’s Cheddar Bay Crab Bake recipe come to life. Make sure to check your pantry and fridge for the following items:
- 2 cups Bisquick® Baking Mix
- 2/3 cup milk (2% or whole milk will work best)
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese (shredded)
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. onion powder
- 1/4 tsp. paprika
- 1 can of crab meat (drained and flaked)
- 2 tbsp. butter (melted and divided into two parts)
- 1/4 cup of finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 2/3 cups of milk
- 3 chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- A pinch of parsley flakes
The Recipe How-To
Now, it’s time to put on your apron and get cooking with Red Lobster’s Cheddar Bay Crab Bake Recipe. This dish is a great option for parties or special occasions and is easy to make. Just follow these steps:
Step 1: Preheat the oven
Preheat your oven to 425°F (218°C).
Step 2: Prepare the baking sheet
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or coat it with non-stick spray.
Step 3: Mix the ingredients
In a medium-sized bowl, mix together Bisquick Baking Mix (2 cups), milk(2/3 cup) and shredded cheddar cheese(2/3 cup). Then, add in butter (1/4 cup, melted) and garlic powder(1/2 teaspoon).
Step 4: Add the crab meat
Once the mixture becomes smooth, gently incorporate the lump crab meat (3/4 cup). Be careful not to overmix so as to maintain chunky texture of the meat.
Step 5: Drop spoonfuls onto baking sheet
Use a spoon to drop small heaps of the mixture onto the prepared baking sheet.
Step 6: Bake until golden brown
Let bake for around 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
Step 7: Garnish before serving
Before serving, garnish with some chopped fresh parsley.
There you have it! A delicious batch of Red Lobster’s Cheddar Bay Crab Bake is ready to share with friends and family.
Substitutions and Variations
Now, let’s talk about putting your own stamp on this delicious Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Crab Bake. There are plenty of ways to customize this dish to suit your taste and dietary needs. Here are some suggestions:
– Gluten-free: If you’re gluten-free, simply use a gluten-free baking mix instead of Bisquick. You could also try using almond flour, coconut flour, or another gluten-free flour blend in place of the biscuit mix.
– Vegetarian: Swap out the crab for sautéed mushrooms or another meat alternative like tofu or tempeh. You could also add more veggies like spinach, zucchini, or bell peppers for a veggie-packed version.
– Spice it up: Add some heat with a pinch of cayenne pepper or red pepper flakes. Try swapping out parsley flakes and Italian seasoning for fresh cilantro, dill or rosemary.
– Cheesy goodness: Experiment with different types of cheese to mix with the cheddar cheese. Smoked gouda, Havarti cheese or fontina will all add complex flavor profiles.
– Seafood lovers can pre-cook lobster tails or shrimps before adding them to the mix for extra sea-inspired flavors.
Overall, the possibilities are endless with the Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Crab Bake recipe. Don’t be afraid to get creative in the kitchen and tailor this recipe to fit your cravings!
Serving and Pairing
Now that your Red Lobster’s Cheddar Bay Crab Bake Recipe is ready to go, it’s time to think about how you want to serve and pair it. This creamy, cheesy, crabby delight goes great as a side dish or main course. It’s guaranteed to impress any seafood lover.
For a casual family-style dinner, you can simply serve the cheddar bay crab bake with some fresh baked bread or rolls. But if you want to take things to the next level, try serving your crab bake with a side of roasted asparagus or green beans and garlic mashed potatoes. These sides not only complement the taste of the cheddar bay crab bake but add color and variety to your plate.
If you’re looking for an upscale way to serve the crab bake recipe, consider topping it with broiled lobster tails drizzled in lemon butter sauce. Or try elevating the dish by placing a small portion on top of a crostini with a sprinkle of fresh parsley flakes.
And if you want to get creative with your leftovers, try using them as a filling for crispy grilled cheese sandwiches or as a stuffing for baked potatoes. The possibilities are endless.
Pair this delicious dish with an off-dry white wine like Riesling or a light beer like Pilsner. This way, the flavors of the crab and cheese will still shine.
In conclusion, whether you’re cooking for your family or hosting a dinner party, Red Lobster’s Cheddar Bay Crab Bake Recipe is sure to be a crowd-pleaser when served by itself or paired with some tasty side dishes.
Make-Ahead, Storing and Reheating
I know that it can be a hassle to prepare everything on the day of your party, so I have great news: this Red Lobster’s Cheddar Bay Crab Bake Recipe can be made ahead of time! In fact, you can assemble the whole dish up to 24 hours before baking it.
To prepare ahead of time, follow all of the instructions until just before baking. Once your crab bake is assembled and ready to go, wrap it tightly with plastic wrap and store it in your refrigerator until you’re ready to bake it.
If you have leftovers or need to store your crab bake for another day, make sure to transfer it to an airtight container and refrigerate promptly. It should keep well for up to 3 days in the refrigerator.
When reheating leftovers, you can do so in the oven or microwave. To reheat in the oven, let your crab bake come to room temperature first and then bake it in a preheated oven at 350°F for 15-20 minutes, or until heated through. If you’re using a microwave instead, heat your crab bake on medium-high power for about 2-3 minutes at a time until heated through.
Keep in mind that reheating could dry out the cheese and biscuits, so I highly recommend adding a bit of melted butter on top before reheating. This helps to give them a little extra moisture and flavor.
Tips for Perfect Results
Now that you’ve got the recipe down pat, it’s time to make sure that your Red Lobster’s Cheddar Bay Crab Bake turns out just right. Here are some tips for ensuring that your dish is a hit:
1. Don’t Overmix: Be careful not to overmix the dough when you’re making the biscuits. Overmixing can cause the biscuits to be tough and hard, which is definitely not what you want.
2. Use Cold Ingredients: When making the biscuit dough, use cold butter and milk. Keeping the ingredients cold helps ensure a tender and flaky biscuit.
3. Be Generous with Cheese: Don’t skimp on the cheese! The cheddar cheese is what gives these biscuits their signature flavor, so be sure to add plenty.
4. Add in Seafood: For an even more decadent dish, try adding in some extra seafood like shrimp or crab meat into the crab bake mixture.
5. Watch Your Oven Temperature: It’s important to preheat your oven properly and keep an eye on the temperature throughout baking. Too high of a temperature can cause burning or uneven cooking.
6. Serve Freshly Baked: These biscuits are best enjoyed fresh out of the oven while still warm and gooey with melted cheddar cheese.
By following these tips, you’ll be able to make Red Lobster’s Cheddar Bay Crab Bake like a pro every time. Impress your guests or treat yourself to a delicious meal with this copycat Red Lobster recipe!
In conclusion, the Red Lobster’s Cheddar Bay Crab Bake Recipe is a delicious and easy-to-make recipe that is sure to impress your guests at any party or gathering.
Whether you’re a seafood lover or just looking to try something new, this recipe has got it all – from the savory flavors of melted cheddar cheese and lump crab meat to the aroma of garlic and herbs in each bite.
With its simple yet flavorful blend of ingredients including Bisquick baking mix, butter, milk, cheddar cheese, and parsley flakes, this recipe is perfect for both beginner and seasoned home chefs alike.
And with the added convenience of make-ahead, storing and reheating tips, serving suggestions, substitutions and variations, you can easily customize this dish to suit your taste preferences and dietary needs.
So why not try making this copycat Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Crab Bake Recipe today? Trust me when I say that your taste buds will thank you for it!
Red Lobster’s Cheddar Bay Crab Bake Recipe
- 2 cups Bisquick baking mix
- 1 3/4 cups finely-shredded cheddar cheese
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fine parsley flakes
- 1/3 cup crabmeat (fresh or canned lump)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Combine baking mix, 1 cup of the cheddar cheese, milk, and 1 half of the melted butter in a medium bowl.
- Mix by hand until well-combined.
- Pat out the dough into circle approximately 8 inches in diameter, with a slight lip around the edge, like a pizza crust.
- Sprinkle the parsley over the top of the dough.
- Be sure the dried parsley flakes are crushed fine. You can easily crush the flakes in a small bowl with your thumb and forefinger.
- Sprinkle the crab over the top of the dough.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the crab.
- Don’t go all of the way to the edge of the dough -- leave a margin of a half-inch or so around the edge.
- Bake for 14 to 16 minutes or until the cheese on top begins to slightly brown.
- Combine the remaining butter with the garlic powder and brush it over the top of the bake as soon as it comes out of the oven.
- Slice it like a pizza into 8 pieces and serve hot.
Your Own Notes
Recommended Recipes Just For You
Anna is a culinary expert who specializes in grilling delicious BBQ dishes. She also enjoys sharing her recipes and experiences with her foodie community on her blog. She’s the total package for any backyard barbecue!