Are you tired of cooking the same old chicken recipes? Do you want to impress your guests with a delicious and easy-to-make dish? Look no further than the Chicken Stanley recipe! This recipe is inspired by the culinary adventures of the renowned actor Stanley Tucci, who traveled all over Italy in search of the perfect meal.
The Chicken Stanley recipe is a modern twist on the classic French dish Poulet Sauté Stanley. It combines savory flavors of lemon juice, Dijon mustard, and mayonnaise to create a creamy marinade for the chicken pieces. The dish is then slow-cooked with tomatoes, onions, and homemade chicken stock until it is tender and juicy.
But what makes this recipe truly unique is its versatility. You can serve it with a side of mashed potatoes for a cozy winter dinner or pair with brussels sprouts for a healthy and colorful meal. Whether you are hosting a party or cooking for your family, this recipe is sure to satisfy any appetite.
So grab your apron, turn up some Kiss or Paul Stanley tunes and let’s get cooking!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
Are you searching for a simple yet flavorful chicken recipe that is perfect for any night of the week? Look no further than the Chicken Stanley Recipe! This dish is named after none other than the famous actor Stanley Tucci, known for his love of good food and wine.
But why should you choose this recipe over countless others? For starters, it incorporates a delightful combination of tangy lemon juice, savory Dijon mustard, and creamy mayonnaise that will send your taste buds into a frenzy. The addition of fresh tomatoes and onions adds extra depth and texture to this rich and hearty dish.
But what really sets this chicken apart is its cooking method – slow-cooked to perfection until tender and juicy. Whether you’re in the mood for roasted chicken, sautéed chicken, or even chicken cacciatore, the Chicken Stanley Recipe is adaptable to your preferences.
Plus, with its homemade stock made from scratch and natural ingredients, this recipe is significantly healthier than many store-bought options. It’s versatile as well – pair it with indulgent mashed potatoes, big rigatoni pasta, or even sautéed brussels sprouts for a well-rounded meal.
And let’s not forget about the added bonus of possibly watching Stanley Tucci himself cook up a storm in his hit TV series “Searching for Italy” while enjoying this delicious meal – now that’s what we call a win-win situation!
In conclusion, the Chicken Stanley Recipe isn’t just any ordinary recipe – it’s an authentic work of art that will surely impress anyone. Trust us; once you try it out, you’ll never go back to those boring old chicken recipes again!
Here’s what you’ll need to make Chicken Stanley Recipe:
- Chicken Pieces – 1 to 2 lbs (cut into pieces)
- Onion – 1 medium-sized (chopped)
- Tomatoes – 2 medium-sized (chopped)
- Chicken Stock – 2 cups
- Lemon Juice – 1 tablespoon
- Dijon Mustard – 1 tablespoon
- Mayonnaise – 7 ounces
Seasonings and Spices
- Curry Powder – 1 tablespoon
- Mashed Potatoes
- Brussels Sprouts
I recommend using high-quality chicken pieces for this recipe. If possible, get free-range chicken or organic chicken from your local farmer’s market. You can also use bone-in or boneless chicken pieces, depending on your preference. The comprehensive blend of flavors in this recipe is made possible with key ingredients like dijon mustard and lemon juice, so make sure you have these in stock before starting the cooking process.
The chicken stock will add richness and depth to the sauce, but if you don’t have any homemade chicken stock on hand, you can substitute store-bought chicken broth. Additionally, the optional ingredients like Mashed Potatoes, Brussels Sprouts or Pasta complement the dish in their unique way. So feel free to pair it up with one of them for a more fulfilling meal.
The Recipe How-To
Now, it’s time to get into the nitty-gritty of preparing this Chicken Stanley Recipe.
Before we dive into cooking our poulet sauté à la Stanley, let’s gather all the necessary ingredients and do some quick prep work. We’ll need to cut the chicken pieces, mince the onion, and dice the tomatoes into small cubes.
- To begin, heat a large skillet or sauté pan over medium-high heat with one tablespoon of olive oil.
- Once hot, add in the chicken pieces and cook for 5-7 minutes on each side or until they turn golden brown.
- In a separate bowl, mix together 1/2 cup of mayonnaise, 1/4 cup of Dijon mustard, 1 tablespoon of lemon juice, and 2 tablespoons of homemade chicken stock to form a thick sauce.
- Pour the sauce onto the pan with chicken pieces and coat them evenly.
- Add in the minced onions and allow them to cook for 2-3 minutes until they become translucent.
- Pour in the diced tomatoes into the pan along with 1 cup of chicken stock.
- Cover the pan with a lid and let it simmer for 10-15 minutes over low heat.
Our Chicken Stanley recipe pairs excellently with a side of mashed potatoes for ultimate comfort food feels! You can also choose to serve it over big rigatoni pasta or with roasted Brussel sprouts for a complete meal.
This recipe serves four people, so hail your best buddies and try it out while watching Stanley Cup. Trust me; you won’t regret making this dishes that pays homage to legendary Stanley Tuuci himself!
Substitutions and Variations
Are you feeling adventurous and want to try some variations of the Chicken Stanley recipe? Here are a few ideas that could add a unique twist to this classic recipe.
– Swap chicken pieces with chicken wings: If you’re planning on hosting a party or serving the Chicken Stanley as an appetizer, using chicken wings instead of cut pieces can be a crowd-pleaser. They cook more quickly and have more surface area for the sauce to stick to.
– Add some veggies: If you’re looking for a healthy variation, try adding some vegetables like brussels sprouts, carrots or green beans to the recipe. Saute them with the onions and garlic before adding the chicken in.
– Change up the sauce: While the combination of mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, and lemon juice is what makes this recipe so special, swapping it for something like curry powder or laksa paste could give it a unique zing. Alternatively, you can make it saucier by adding an extra 1/2 cup of chicken stock.
– Use homemade chicken stock: The quality of your stock can make a huge difference to the overall flavor of your dish. Swap the store-bought chicken stock for your homemade one for extra flavor.
– Add pasta: To turn this chicken dish into a heartier meal, add in cooked pasta like big rigatoni or spaghetti. You’ll feel like you’re eating straight out of Stanley Tucci’s Italian cookbook!
In summary, don’t be afraid to get creative with substitutions and variations. Experimenting can lead to some unexpected yet delightful flavors and dishes!
Serving and Pairing
The Chicken Stanley recipe is a dish that is sure to impress your dinner guests. Its rich and savory flavor pairs perfectly with a variety of side dishes, making it an ideal centerpiece for any dinner party or special occasion.
One classic pairing for this dish is mashed potatoes, which provide a creamy texture and hearty flavor that complements the chicken nicely. Roasted brussels sprouts or a simple green salad dressed with lemon juice and olive oil also make excellent accompaniments, adding a fresh and vibrant touch to the meal.
For those who prefer pasta recipes, try serving the Stanley Chicken with big rigatoni or spaghetti – both will absorb the flavorful sauce nicely, delivering a delicious bite in each forkful.
This dish also pairs well with beer or wine. A light red wine like pinot noir or a medium-bodied white like chardonnay will match well with its savory flavors. Alternatively, you can serve it with an ice-cold beer to balance out the richness of the chicken.
No matter how you serve the Chicken Stanley, it’s sure to be a crowd-pleaser that will have everyone coming back for seconds. So fire up your oven, cook some chicken wing or cut pieces, prepare your favorite sides, and get ready to delight your guests with this homemade chicken cacciatore recipe!
Make-Ahead, Storing and Reheating
One of the best things about Chicken Stanley Recipe is that it can be made ahead of time! This makes it perfect for hosting a dinner party or preparing a satisfying meal for yourself on a busy weeknight.
To make ahead, prepare the recipe up until the step of adding the tomatoes and onions. Let the sautéed chicken cool to room temperature then pour the mixture into an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 2 days. When ready to serve, simply reheat the chicken mixture in a pan over medium heat before adding the tomatoes and onions and finishing the recipe as instructed.
This recipe also stores well in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Keep it covered tightly with plastic wrap or transfer it into an airtight container. To reheat, simply warm it up in a pan over medium heat or use a microwave.
If you’re planning on serving Chicken Stanley Recipe at a later time, you can freeze it for up to 3 months! Place it into an airtight container or heavy-duty freezer bag, making sure to remove any excess air. For best quality, thaw it overnight in the refrigerator and reheat as instructed above.
When reheating this dish, I suggest serving with mashed potatoes, big rigatoni pasta, spaghetti or even some homemade fries! And of course, don’t forget to pair your delicious meal with your favorite beer or wine.
Tips for Perfect Results
As a home chef, I have learned that sometimes the smallest details can make the biggest difference in a dish’s flavor and presentation. Here are some tips for achieving perfect results with my Chicken Stanley recipe:
1. Use Fresh Ingredients: The key to any great dish is using fresh ingredients. Don’t skimp on quality when it comes to the chicken, vegetables, and seasonings. It will truly make all the difference.
2. Brown the Chicken Thoroughly: When sautéing the chicken pieces, make sure you brown them thoroughly on all sides before adding any liquid. This will enhance their natural flavor and give them a beautiful golden color.
3. Don’t Overcook the Chicken: While it’s important to cook chicken thoroughly to avoid any potential foodborne illnesses, overcooked chicken can become dry and tough. Keep an eye on the pieces as they cook to ensure they stay moist and flavorful.
4. Let the Sauce Simmer: Once you’ve added the chicken stock, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, and mayonnaise to the pan, let the sauce simmer for at least 15-20 minutes. This will allow all of the flavors to meld together and create a rich, savory sauce.
5. Experiment with Substitutions: While my recipe calls for specific ingredients, don’t be afraid to experiment with substitutions or variations based on your tastes or what you have on hand. For example, try swapping out tomatoes for red bell peppers or using curry powder instead of Dijon mustard.
6. Pair with the Right Side Dish: I highly recommend serving this dish with mashed potatoes or big rigatoni pasta to help soak up all of that delicious sauce. Alternatively, roasted Brussels sprouts or green beans would also pair well with Chicken Stanley.
By following these tips and making this recipe your own, you’re sure to impress your guests and leave them wanting more of your homemade chicken Stanley!
In conclusion, making the Chicken Stanley recipe is a delicious and fun way to impress your guests at your next dinner party. With its unique blend of lemon juice, Dijon mustard, mayonnaise, and spices, this dish is sure to be a hit. You can even mix things up by trying out some of the variations and substitutions that we have provided in this article.
Whether you’re searching for italy with Stanley Tucci or just looking for a new chicken recipe to add to your repertoire, the Chicken Stanley recipe is definitely one that you don’t want to miss. Just remember to follow our helpful tips for perfect results, and make sure to serve with some mashed potatoes or pasta on the side.
With this recipe in your arsenal, you’ll be able to create a delicious meal that will have your guests coming back for seconds (and thirds!). So go ahead and give it a try – you won’t be sorry!
Chicken Stanley Recipe
- 250 -300 g chicken pieces
- 1/2 sachet mashed potatoes (with water and milk enough for 1-2)
- 1/2 an onion
- 1/2 a large tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 50 -75 g breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Dice the onion. Dice the tomato.
- Piece some chicken.
- Fry the onion, tomato and chicken in a frying pan for 20-30 minutes using a dash of vegetable oil.
- Make some mashed potato either traditionally or through a packet(enough for 1-2 people)-using le gusto its 0.5 of a sachet with 250ml water and 125ml milk.
- Mix the Dijon Mustard, Mayonnaise and Lemon Juice together.
- Put the Dijon mixture, Chicken mixture and mashed potato together in a casserole dish and mix together.
- Sprinkle the breadcrumbs on top and cook for 30 minutes in an oven medium heat.
- Serve(the photo is approx half of what is made).
Your Own Notes
Recommended Recipes Just For You
Anna is a culinary expert who specializes in grilling delicious BBQ dishes. She also enjoys sharing her recipes and experiences with her foodie community on her blog. She’s the total package for any backyard barbecue!