Are you looking for a recipe that will leave your guests wanting more? Look no further than the Red Lobster White Cheddar Mashed Potatoes recipe! This dish is creamy, flavorful, and pairs perfectly with a variety of main dishes.
As a scribe for a home chef who loves throwing parties, I can attest that this recipe is a crowd-pleaser. Whether you’re hosting a dinner party or simply looking to spice up your weeknight meal, these mashed potatoes are sure to impress.
But why settle for just any old mashed potato recipe? The Red Lobster White Cheddar Mashed Potatoes take this classic staple to the next level with a blend of unsalted butter, sour cream, and white cheddar cheese. Trust me when I say that one bite of these potatoes will transport your taste buds straight to seafood heaven!
So what are you waiting for? Follow along with this recipe and treat yourself and your guests to a dish that combines the rich flavors of lobster, white cheddar cheese, and creamy mashed potatoes.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
If you’re a fan of Red Lobster’s delicious sides, then this mashed potato recipe will become your new best friend. But even if you haven’t had the pleasure of dining at Red Lobster, the mouth-watering blend of white cheddar cheese, sour cream, and heavy cream in these potatoes will make them irresistible.
Let me just tell you that this recipe is to die for! It’s a crowd-pleaser that your guests will rave about long after the party is over. The creamy texture and bold flavor from the combination of cheddar cheese and potatoes is mouth-watering.
But here’s why I think this recipe is so amazing: it’s easy to make with simple ingredients that you probably already have in your pantry, and yet it delivers such an indulgent experience. You don’t need any special equipment or culinary skills; just follow a few simple steps, and you’ll have luxurious mashed potatoes on your table.
Furthermore, this recipe is versatile and customizable. You can adjust the amount of cheese or cream to suit your preferences or add other herbs and spices for a personal touch. You can even pair these mashed potatoes with different proteins like steak or roasted chicken, making them perfect for any occasion.
In short, if you’re looking for a quick, delicious side dish that’ll impress your guests and satisfy your taste buds, then this Red Lobster White Cheddar Mashed Potatoes Recipe should be at the top of your list. Be warned though: once you make it, you might not be able to stop!
Here are the ingredients you will need to make this scrumptious Red Lobster White Cheddar Mashed Potatoes Recipe:
- 2 lbs potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 2 ounces unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup heavy cream, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup sour cream, at room temperature
- 1 tsp white pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp salt (or to taste)
- 4 ounces white cheddar cheese, grated
Make sure to have all of these ingredients on hand before you start cooking.
The Recipe How-To
Now, let’s move on to the most exciting part: making the delicious Red Lobster White Cheddar Mashed Potatoes Recipe!
Preparing the Potatoes
- Start by peeling and quartering 2 pounds of potatoes. Make sure they are all cut in relatively even sizes to ensure they cook evenly.
- Place the peeled and quartered potatoes in a pot and cover them with cold water. Add 1 teaspoon of baking soda to the water. This will help break down the potatoes’ cell walls, resulting in creamier mashed potatoes.
- Bring the pot to a boil, then reduce the heat to a simmer until the potatoes are fork-tender. It should take approximately 15-20 minutes.
- Drain the potatoes and return them to the pot over low heat for 1-2 minutes to evaporate any excess moisture.
Making the Mashed Potatoes
- Begin mashing the potatoes using a potato masher or even a fork until they are broken down into smaller chunks.
- Add in 3 ounces of unsalted butter (room temperature), 1/3 cup of sour cream, and 1/4 cup of heavy cream while continuing to mash until fully incorporated together.
- Next, add 4 ounces of grated white cheddar cheese into the mix, along with salt and white pepper for seasoning.
- Finally, use a hand mixer or immersion blender to blend everything together until smooth.
Note that if you do not have a hand mixer or immersion blender, you can use your potato masher or fork instead.
Congratulations, you now have Red Lobster White Cheddar Mashed Potatoes at your fingertips! Serve immediately garnished with additional shredded white cheddar cheese as desired.
- Be careful not to overwork your mashed potatoes as it can result in gluey texture
- For an extra decadent lobster twist to your mashed potatoes, consider serving it with melted lobster sauce for added flavor.
- To add more texture and flavor to your mashed potatoes, try mixing in some chopped chives or crispy bacon bits!
Keep reading for more information on substitutions and variations!
Substitutions and Variations
As any experienced cook will tell you, recipes are mere guidelines, and there’s always a room for experimentation. This recipe is no exception. There are plenty of ways to customize it to your liking or with what you have on hand. Here are some possible substitutions and variations:
– Cheese: If white cheddar cheese is not available, you could use another type of cheese instead, such as regular cheddar, gruyere, or fontina. You could also try adding other ingredients like parmesan cheese or cubed cream cheese.
– Potatoes: While this recipe calls for Russet potatoes, you could also use Yukon gold or another starchy potato variety for making mashed potatoes.
– Cream: Instead of heavy cream, you could use milk, half-and-half or even coconut milk for a dairy-free alternative.
– Sour cream: Greek yogurt or crème fraîche can be substituted for sour cream in this recipe.
– Butter: Use salted butter instead of unsalted butter if that’s what you have on hand.
– Spices: Add some garlic powder or paprika powder for extra flavor. And don’t forget to taste and adjust seasoning with salt and white pepper.
When it comes to customizing the recipe, the sky’s the limit. You could add some chopped herbs like chives, parsley, or thyme to bring brightness and freshness to the dish. Believe me when I say this mashed potato recipe is incredibly versatile, and it will pair perfectly with any of your favorite dishes. Just use your creativity and get cooking!
Serving and Pairing
When it comes to serving and pairing your Red Lobster White Cheddar Mashed Potatoes Recipe, the options are endless! These creamy, cheesy potatoes make the perfect side dish for any meal, whether it’s a casual weeknight dinner or a special occasion gathering.
One classic pairing for these mashed potatoes is with seafood dishes, such as lobster tail or a buttery shrimp scampi. The rich flavors of the white cheddar cheese complement the delicate sweetness of fresh seafood exceptionally well. For those who are looking for a more indulgent twist, top your mashed potatoes with some lobster sauce recipe to make loaded mashed potatoes.
If you want to go for something more low-key, pair this recipe with roasted chicken or beef tenderloin. Another great option is to serve these mashed potatoes alongside roasted root vegetables or green beans for a complete comfort food meal.
When serving your Red Lobster White Cheddar Mashed Potatoes, consider topping them off with some additional shredded white cheddar cheese and incorporating some freshly cracked black pepper or paprika on top to give them an extra burst of flavor.
No matter what you choose to pair with these mashed potatoes, one thing is for sure – they will be the star of the show!
Make-Ahead, Storing and Reheating
Once you have made these delicious Red Lobster White Cheddar Mashed Potatoes, you may want to know how to store and reheat them. You can make them ahead of time and still enjoy their mouth-watering taste. Here are some tips to ensure the best results:
To make ahead: You can make these mashed potatoes up to two days in advance. After preparing the recipe, allow the dish to cool completely. Next, transfer the potatoes into an airtight container and refrigerate.
To store leftovers: Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. When reheating leftovers, add a small splash of heavy cream or milk to restore the creaminess.
To reheat: There are multiple ways to reheat the mashed potatoes. Usually, I prefer microwaving them by putting them in a microwave-safe dish and covering with a damp paper towel before reheating for 2-3 minutes or until heated through. Alternatively, you can put them in an oven-safe dish, cover with foil, and reheat in a preheated oven at 350°F for about 20-25 minutes or until hot.
Tip: Add a pat of butter or grated white cheddar cheese on top of each serving while reheating to keep them looking fresh.
Remember that reheated mashed potatoes may not be as creamy as freshly made ones, but they still retain their flavor and texture.
Overall, these Red Lobster White Cheddar Mashed Potatoes would be perfect for batch cooking or meal prep as they can hold up well when stored and reheated. Whether you want to double the recipe for leftovers or meal prep for lunchboxes, these potatoes are sure to be enjoyed by all!
Tips for Perfect Results
To make your Red Lobster White Cheddar Mashed Potatoes Recipe just right, follow these tips and recommendations for perfect results:
1. Use room temperature unsalted butter
Butter that is at room temperature will mix well with the other ingredients. Cold butter will clump up and poorly incorporate into the mashed potatoes.
2. Soak peeled and quartered potatoes in cold water
Soaking your potatoes overnight will help remove some of the excess starches and ensure that they cook evenly. Adding a teaspoon of baking soda to the water can also aid in making the potatoes extra fluffy.
3. Use white cheddar cheese, grated
Using a high-quality white cheddar cheese, freshly grated or shredded, will give your mashed potatoes a smooth and creamy texture with an irresistible cheesy flavor.
4. Don’t overmix the potatoes
Over-mixing mashed potatoes can result in a gluey texture. Mash the potatoes until they are slightly lumpy but still smooth, so your guests can enjoy its flavor.
5. Add heavy cream, sour cream, salt and pepper to taste
The ingredients are responsible for seasoning and flavoring your mashed potatoes perfectly. Be sure to add them gradually while tasting frequently until you achieve the desired taste.
6. Serve Hot!
Mashed potatoes always taste best when they are freshly prepared and served hot! However, if you have to prepare them ahead of time or looking to make extra portions consider reheating them over a low heat.
By following these tips, you can make savory Red Lobster White Cheddar Mashed Potatoes recipe that’s hard to resist!
It is understandable to have questions or doubts when it comes to preparing a new recipe. In this section, I will answer some of the most frequently asked questions (FAQ) about the Red Lobster White Cheddar Mashed Potatoes Recipe. These answers should help you achieve flawless results every time and guide you through any hurdles you may face while making this dish. Let’s jump in and explore some common queries you might have about this recipe.
Why do you put baking soda in mashed potatoes?
To achieve mashed potatoes that are fluffy and light, I suggest adding a mere pinch of baking soda to your recipe. The baking soda works with the heat of the dish and the acidity in the milk or cream to generate tiny air pockets throughout the mash. This results in a texture that is similar to clouds – heavenly and delightful to eat. Trust me, your guests will be impressed with the outcome.
Why do you soak potatoes before making mashed potatoes?
Before starting to prepare the potatoes for the mash, it’s best to briefly soak the baking potatoes in cold water. This quick step will help to eliminate some of the starch and prevent the potatoes from getting a gooey consistency. For the ideal texture, it’s recommended to use a combination of starchy baking potatoes and buttery Yukon Golds, which will create a delectable creamy and fluffy final result.
Should you soak potatoes in salt water before making mashed potatoes?
It is not necessary to soak potatoes before turning them into mashed potatoes.
Why do you add milk to mashed potatoes?
Potatoes are excellent at absorbing liquids, but boiling them in water can result in a less tasty mash. This is because water lacks flavor. To make a more flavorful mashed potato, boiling them in salted milk is a better option. The milk provides creaminess and seasoning, which enhances the potatoes’ inherent flavors.
In conclusion, the Red Lobster White Cheddar Mashed Potatoes Recipe is an irresistible choice for your next home party. Its creamy and cheesy flavor with a hint of tanginess from sour cream will leave your guests craving more. Making this recipe is easy and straightforward, and the result is a memorable crowd-pleaser that everyone will appreciate.
With its versatile nature, you can easily pair it with any main dish of your choosing, making it a fantastic side dish option for any dinner. Additionally, the recipe can be customized to fit individual preferences while still maintaining its superb taste.
Finally, with our helpful tips and tricks, you’re guaranteed perfect results every time you make this recipe. Don’t hesitate to take advantage of our suggestions on make-ahead planning or reheating leftovers. To elevate your mashed potato game even further, try making your own lobster sauce recipe or serve it with a lobster tail for an impressively elegant touch.
Overall, this wonderful white cheddar mashed potatoes recipe is one you definitely want to add to your culinary arsenal. It’s sure to please any guest at any party and make you feel like a master chef in the comfort of your own home.
Red Lobster White Cheddar Mashed Potatoes Recipe Recipe
- 2 lbs potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 2 ounces unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 4 ounces white cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- Place potatoes in pot and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil and simmer until fork tender. Drain completely.
- Mix potatoes with an electric mixer until smooth.
- When smooth, add butter and blend. Add cream, a little at a time and beat; add sour cream and blend. Add cheese, salt and pepper and blend again.
Your Own Notes
Recommended Recipes Just For You
Anna is a culinary expert who specializes in grilling delicious BBQ dishes. She also enjoys sharing her recipes and experiences with her foodie community on her blog. She’s the total package for any backyard barbecue!