As a home chef who loves hosting get-togethers, I’m always on the lookout for delicious and easy-to-make recipes that will impress my guests. That’s why I’m excited to share with you my recipe for Smokey Bacon Chicken Pasta! This dish is perfect for any occasion, from a casual weeknight dinner to a weekend party with friends.
This pasta dish is bursting with flavor, thanks to the combination of smoky bacon, tender chicken breast, and sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil. The cream sauce is rich and savory, making each bite truly satisfying.
Not only is this recipe delicious, but it’s also incredibly easy to make. All ingredients come together in one pot, which means less time spent on prep and clean-up. Plus, with simple substitutions and variations, you can easily make this dish your own.
So if you’re looking for a scrumptious and stress-free dinner option that will wow your guests, try out my Smokey Bacon Chicken Pasta recipe!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
Looking for a delicious and effortless pasta recipe that’s perfect for any occasion? Look no further than my Smokey Bacon Chicken Pasta Recipe! This dish is the ultimate combination of salty, smoky, and savory flavors that will have your taste buds tingling with satisfaction.
Firstly, who doesn’t love bacon? When added as a key ingredient to this creamy pasta sauce, it creates a rich, smoky flavor that’s hard to resist. Along with the bacon, my recipe calls for boneless skinless chicken breast which will add an extra layer of flavor to the entire dish.
But it’s not just the flavorful ingredients that make this recipe a crowd-pleaser. It’s also incredibly easy to make and takes less than 30 minutes from start to finish. You’ll be able to whip up a hearty meal without even breaking a sweat.
Additionally, my recipe uses fresh mushrooms and garlic cloves which pair perfectly with the creamy sauce, giving you a satisfying bite in every spoonful. I also included sun-dried tomatoes to ensure that each serving has a burst of sweet and tangy flavors.
Lastly, my recipe is fully customizable for any dietary needs or preferences. You can substitute the protein for tofu or ditch the bacon for a vegetarian-friendly version. And if you prefer more spice in your dish? Add some chili flakes or hot sauce for an extra kick!
Overall, there are so many reasons why you’ll love my Smokey Bacon Chicken Pasta. It’s easy-to-make, adjustable to different lifestyles and appetites, and most importantly – absolutely delicious! So grab your apron and give this recipe a try today!
Let’s break down the ingredients you will need to make this Smokey Bacon Chicken Pasta Recipe:
- 1 pound of dry penne pasta
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and fresh ground black pepper
Smoky Bacon Chicken:
- 6 slices of bacon, chopped
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- Salt and fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 cup of fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 stock cube
- 1 cup of chicken stock
- Salt and fresh ground black pepper
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- ½ cup of grated parmesan cheese
- Mozzarella cheese
- Sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil
You can find most of these ingredients at your regular grocery store. Adding sun-dried tomatoes and mozzarella cheese add a nice contrast in texture to this dish. Don’t forget to add the smoked bacon to give that smoky flavor to your pasta.
The Recipe How-To
Now that we have gathered all the ingredients, it’s time to dive in and start cooking! In this section, we will guide you through each step of the Smokey Bacon Chicken Pasta Recipe.
Step 1: Cook the bacon and chicken
Begin by frying the bacon on medium heat until crispy, then set aside on a paper towel. Keep 2 tablespoons of the bacon fat in the pan and add 2 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil. Add boneless, skinless chicken breast to the pan, season with fresh ground black pepper, and cook until golden brown (around 3-4 minutes per side). Be careful not to overcook it or it will be tough.
Step 2: Sauté Vegetables
In a separate pan, heat 2 tablespoons of oil and butter on medium-high heat. Add minced garlic cloves and diced onion and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes or until onions are translucent. Then add sliced mushrooms and sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil; cook for another 5 minutes.
Step 3: Prepare Cream Sauce
Melt 4 tablespoons of butter in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add flour and whisk constantly for one minute. Gradually add heavy cream while constantly whisking until smooth. Let sauce simmer for about two minutes, then add grated Parmesan cheese (1 cup) and shredded mozzarella cheese (1/2 cup).
Step 4: Combine All Ingredients
Bring salted water to a boil in a large pot; cook penne pasta according to package instructions until al dente. Drain pasta but reserve about half a cup of pasta water.
Add baked chicken breast cut into strips, crispy bacon pieces, sautéed vegetables, cream sauce, drained penne pasta and reserved pasta water to one pot .Mix everything well with tongs or a wooden spoon.
Step 5: Final Touches
Sprinkle additional Parmesan cheese on top for garnish then serve hot! You can also add some fresh basil or parsley if you’d like some color or serve it with garlic bread on the side.
Enjoy this savory dish with your close friends or family on game night or at your next intimate dinner party!
Substitutions and Variations
Don’t be afraid to experiment with this recipe! Here are some substitutions and variations you can try to make this recipe your own:
– Instead of chicken breast, try using boneless, skinless thighs or even shrimp for a seafood twist.
– If you don’t have penne pasta, any short pasta will work. Farfalle or fusilli would make great substitutes.
– For a vegetarian version, omit the bacon and chicken and add some sautéed veggies such as zucchini, bell peppers or spinach to the dish.
– If you prefer a lighter sauce, replace the heavy cream with milk or half-and-half. Alternatively, you can use cream cheese for a tangy and creamy sauce.
– If you’re not a fan of sun-dried tomatoes, they can be substituted with fresh cherry tomatoes or diced canned tomatoes.
– Feel free to play around with seasoning the dish: try swapping out the fresh ground black pepper with red pepper flakes for some heat.
Remember that cooking is all about expressing your creativity and incorporating your own favorite flavors. So don’t be afraid to experiment with these substitutions and variations!
Serving and Pairing
This smoky bacon chicken pasta is a true crowd-pleaser, perfect for serving at casual gatherings or family dinners. It’s rich and comforting, with a creamy sauce that clings to the penne pasta and smoky bacon bits. To make the meal complete, here are some suggestions for serving and pairing:
– Fresh Bread: A crusty baguette or garlic bread would be the ideal complement to this hearty pasta dish. Use the bread to mop up any remaining sauce on the plate.
– Caesar Salad: A crisp Caesar salad is an excellent side dish for this pasta recipe. The salad’s creamy dressing pairs well with the creamy sauce of the pasta, and it also adds some lightness and freshness to the meal.
– White Wine: A dry white wine like Pinot Grigio or Sauvignon Blanc would be an excellent choice to serve with this dish. The acidity in the wine cuts through the richness of the cream sauce, and its fruitiness complements the chicken and sun-dried tomatoes.
– Beer: If you prefer beer over wine, go for a lager or pilsner. The lightness of these beers can balance out the creaminess of the pasta, and their carbonation helps clean your palate between bites.
– Dessert: For dessert, consider something light, like fresh fruit or a sorbet. You don’t want anything too heavy or sweet after such a filling meal.
Overall, this dish is quite versatile and can pair well with many accompaniments. Adjust according to your preferences but do not forget to indulge in this classic smokey bacon chicken pasta recipe!
Make-Ahead, Storing and Reheating
As much as I love entertaining, keeping everything warm and fresh can sometimes be a hassle. Luckily, with the right preparation, this Smokey Bacon Chicken Pasta recipe can be made ahead of time and easily reheated without sacrificing its smoky flavor and creamy texture.
To make this recipe ahead of time, simply follow the instructions for the pasta and cream sauce separately, but do not mix them together. Keep the cooked pasta in an airtight container and store the cream sauce separately in another container. This way, you can easily reheat them both separately when it’s time to serve.
When you’re ready to reheat the dish, heat up the cream sauce on low heat in a saucepan on the stove, stirring occasionally until it’s heated through. If you find that the sauce has become thick or lumpy after being stored in the fridge, add a splash of milk or cream to thin it out as needed.
To reheat the pasta, bring a pot of salted water to a boil and add the pasta, stirring occasionally until it’s heated through. Then drain the pasta and combine it with the reheated cream sauce. You can also add some extra grated Parmesan cheese and fresh ground black pepper to taste.
If you have leftovers that you want to store for later, keep the pasta and cream sauce in separate airtight containers in the fridge. They should both last for up to 4 days when stored properly. When reheating leftovers, try adding a splash of heavy cream or milk to help bring back some of their original creaminess.
Overall, this creamy Smokey Bacon Chicken Pasta recipe is perfect for make-ahead meals and dinner parties since it can be prepared ahead of time without losing any of its delicious flavor. Just reheat and serve for a deliciously easy meal everybody will love!
Tips for Perfect Results
To make sure your Smokey Bacon Chicken Pasta turns out the way it should, here are some tips that I would like to share with you. First of all, the key to any good pasta dish is salt. Be generous with salt while boiling the penne pasta, as it adds a lot of flavor to the dish. Use a large pot of water to cook pasta so that there is enough space for the pasta to move around and not stick together.
Another tip is to use fresh ingredients whenever possible. Fresh mushrooms, garlic cloves, and onions add more depth and complexity to the recipe than frozen or canned varieties. Also, using smoked bacon and smoked chicken will give the dish a smoky depth of flavor that can’t be replicated with regular bacon and chicken.
When making the cream sauce for this recipe, remember to simmer it over low heat instead of boiling it. This will prevent it from curdling and separates out into oil and solids. Add heavy cream little by little until you reach your desired consistency.
Adding sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil is an optional step that adds another layer of flavor to the dish. But be mindful not to add too much oil from the jar, as it can make the dish too oily or overpowering.
Finally, don’t skip on freshly grated Parmesan cheese and mozzarella cheese for added richness and gooeyness. And don’t forget to garnish with fresh herbs like basil or parsley for added freshness and color.
By following these tips, you’ll create a perfect Smokey Bacon Chicken Pasta that your guests won’t forget in a hurry!
In conclusion, if you’re looking for a satisfying and easy dinner recipe that will please all your guests, try the Smokey Bacon Chicken Pasta Recipe. It’s perfect for any occasion, from a family dinner to a big party. Its creamy and smoky flavors will leave everyone wanting more.
With simple ingredient substitutions and variations, you can easily customize this dish to your liking. You can also make it ahead of time, store it, and reheat it for a quick and delicious meal whenever you want. Plus, with our helpful tips and tricks, you’ll ensure perfect results every time.
So give the Smokey Bacon Chicken Pasta Recipe a try, and see for yourself why it’s one of the best pasta recipes around. From the first bite, you’ll be hooked on its rich taste and savory aroma. Don’t just take our word for it – whip up a batch today and experience the wonder for yourself!
Smokey Bacon Chicken Pasta Recipe
- 6 slices bacon
- 2 cups raw dry penne pasta
- 1 chicken breast, poached and shredded
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 10 ounces fresh mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3 -4 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 2 cups fresh Baby Spinach
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 cup chicken stock (I poached my chicken in store bought stock and used it in this dish)
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 cup chopped sun-dried tomato packed in oil
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Cook bacon till crisp set aside.
- cook pasta till slightly under done set aside. Reserve 1/4 cup of cooking liquid.
- in the olive oil saute mushrooms till golden, halfway before they are done add onions, then garlic for last minute.
- while the mushrooms, garlic, onion mix is still hot, add baby spinach, and stir till wilted. Remove from pan.
- add butter to pan and stir in flour and paprika, cook till flour loses its rawness.
- add chicken stock and cook and stir till thick.
- add cream and cook for about 10 min or until reduced by about half.
- now season with pepper.
- add cheeses, sundried tomatoes, , cook and stir till smooth.
- now add mushroom mixture.
- next add shredded chicken, and bacon crumbled.
- lastly the pasta, if too thick thin with a bit of reserved pasta cooking water.
- serve with extra parmesan cheese.
Your Own Notes
Recommended Recipes Just For You
Anna is a culinary expert who specializes in grilling delicious BBQ dishes. She also enjoys sharing her recipes and experiences with her foodie community on her blog. She’s the total package for any backyard barbecue!