Picture this: it’s a beautiful Friday evening, you’ve invited your closest friends over for dinner, but the only problem is that you haven’t got a clue what to prepare. Fear not, my friend! I’ve got just the recipe you need.
Introducing my Chicken Olivia recipe – a delicious and flavorful creamy chicken dinner that will leave your guests licking their fingers in satisfaction. Not only is this recipe delicious, but it’s also easy to make using shredded rotisserie chicken or boneless skinless chicken breast.
I guarantee that once you taste this recipe, it will become a staple in your weekly meal plan. So buckle up and get ready to fall in love with Chicken Olivia – the perfect dish to impress your guests with minimal effort.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
Are you looking for a chicken recipe that’s not only easy to make, but also deliciously satisfying? Look no further than my Chicken Olivia recipe. This dish will make your taste buds dance with joy!
What sets this recipe apart from the thousands of other chicken recipes out there? First, let’s talk about the ingredients. The combination of boneless, skinless chicken breast, black olives, diced green chilies, and green onions creates a flavorful and aromatic base for the creamy sauce. But what truly elevates this dish to the next level is the sharp cheddar cheese and sour cream – they add a creamy tang that balances all the flavors perfectly.
Secondly, this recipe is so versatile. You can use shredded rotisserie chicken or cook up fresh chicken breasts – both work great! Don’t have all the ingredients listed? No problem! You can easily substitute or add in your favorite veggies like water chestnuts or bell peppers.
Lastly, this dish can be served in many different ways – on top of rice, mashed potatoes or even as a dip for chips. And leftovers? They make fantastic sandwiches or wraps filling for lunch the next day!
In conclusion, why will you love this recipe? It’s easy to make using either leftover rotisserie or fresh chicken breasts. It’s versatile with extensive substitution options and has delicious flavor and creaminess combined with flavorful aroma. And if that’s not enough to convince you, it’s even better as leftovers! So grab some ingredients and get ready to enjoy the delicious flavors of my Chicken Olivia recipe – it’ll be a dinner made easy using simple pantry ingredients turned into an authentic chicken parm-ish dish you’ll love!
Before we begin, let’s make sure we have all the ingredients we need for this delicious and flavorful Chicken Olivia recipe. Here’s what you’ll need:
- 2 cups boneless, skinless chicken breast, shredded (you can also use rotisserie chicken)
- 1 can of cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 can black olives, sliced or chopped
- 1 can diced green chilies (optional for some heat)
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 green onion, chopped finely
- Salt and pepper to taste
Note: You can also add water chestnuts or mushrooms if you prefer.
Make sure to check your pantry and fridge to see if you have all of these items on hand. Once you do, we’re ready to start cooking!
The Recipe How-To
Now, it’s time to get cooking! Follow these simple steps to create a creamy and delicious Chicken Olivia recipe that will be the star of your next party or family gathering.
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 can (4 ounces) diced green chilies
- 1 can (8 ounces) water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup sliced black olives
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Preheat your oven to 350°F.
In a large bowl, mix together the cream of chicken soup and sour cream until smooth.
Add in the diced green chilies and chopped water chestnuts.
Stir in the shredded rotisserie chicken, cheese, and half of the sliced green onions.
Season the mixture with salt and pepper, then transfer to an 11×7 inch baking dish.
Top the casserole evenly with remaining green onions* and black olives**.
Bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, until bubbly and lightly golden on top.
Serve hot, garnished with additional sliced green onions and black olives, if desired.
This dish is so versatile that you can make it ahead of time and store it in the fridge until party time. It also reheats well in case you have any leftovers that you’d like to enjoy later on.
And there you have it – an easy-to-make Chicken Olivia recipe that will impress your guests with its flavorful creaminess. Give it a try at your next get-together, and watch as everyone goes back for seconds!
Substitutions and Variations
When it comes to making Chicken Olivia, there are a few substitutions and variations you can try to mix things up in the kitchen. Here are some ideas to help you create a delicious twist on this classic dish:
– Cheese alternatives: If sharp cheddar cheese isn’t your thing, try using a different hard cheese like Parmesan, Gouda or Swiss. Alternatively, you could swap out the cheese for a dairy-free option like nutritional yeast, vegan cheese, or cashew-based cream.
– Vegetables: The recipe calls for black olives, diced green chilies and green onions. You could substitute these with other vegetables such as roasted red peppers, sautéed mushrooms, kale or spinach.
– Chicken options: While boneless skinless chicken breast is the star ingredient in this recipe, you can use different cuts of chicken such as thighs or drumsticks. To save time, consider using rotisserie chicken from the grocery store.
– Cream soup substitutions: Cream of chicken soup is what gives this recipe its creamy texture. If you want to avoid canned soups, try making your own cream soup using butter, flour and milk. For a lighter option, replace the cream soup with unsweetened coconut milk or plain Greek yogurt.
– Lemon juice substitutes: If you’re out of lemon juice, try using other acidic ingredients such as apple cider vinegar or white wine vinegar. These will add a tangy flavor that pairs well with the creamy base of the dish.
– Bunny Warm Oven Variation: For a heartier version of Chicken Olivia, try making a bunny warm oven variation by adding 1 cup water chestnuts and 1/2 cup slivered almonds to the recipe along with 1 can cream of mushroom soup instead of cream of chicken.
Whatever substitutions or variations you decide to make, keep in mind the key flavors and textures that make Chicken Olivia deliciously unforgettable. Don’t be afraid to experiment and create your own authentic twist on this beloved chicken dinner!
Serving and Pairing
The Chicken Olivia recipe is a truly versatile dish that can be served in a variety of ways. This delicious, creamy chicken dinner made easy using rotisserie chicken pairs well with a range of complementary side dishes.
One of my favorite ways to serve Chicken Olivia is with a warm bowl of rice or quinoa. The subtle flavors and textures of the grains blend perfectly with the tangy, cheesy cream sauce of this dish. You can also pair it with buttered noodles for a classic comfort food combo.
For those who enjoy lots of color on their plate, I recommend serving this dish with a simple green salad dressed with lemon vinaigrette. The refreshing citrus kick from the dressing brings out even more of the delicious flavor in the chicken.
Another great pairing for Chicken Olivia is roasted or steamed vegetables, such as carrots, broccoli, or green beans. These veggies bring a fresh contrast to the creamy richness of the chicken and enhance its nutritional value.
To elevate your experience, consider adding some garnishes such as fresh green onions or chopped black olives. These add just the right amount of crunch and color to the finished dish.
You can also choose to serve it with your favorite bread or crackers and make it a meal worthy of any party. No matter what you choose to pair it with, rest assured that this Chicken Olivia recipe promises to be a crowd-pleaser!
Make-Ahead, Storing and Reheating
Listen up, folks. If you want to be the host with the most, planning ahead is crucial. Luckily, this Chicken Olivia recipe is perfect for prepping in advance, so you can still be the life of the party without being trapped in the kitchen.
To make ahead, simply follow the recipe instructions up to step 5, assemble it all in a baking dish and refrigerate it until you’re ready to bake it up. Facing unexpected guests? Don’t sweat it – this dish can be made earlier in the day or even a day in advance.
If you find yourself with leftovers (which is highly unlikely), they’ll keep well in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. When reheating, I recommend covering the dish with foil and baking at 350°F for about 25 minutes until it’s heated through.
But here’s my bone-chilling warning: the one thing to watch out for when making this dish ahead of time or reheating is that it can quickly dry out if left uncovered or overheated. To avoid this petrifying scenario, add a little bit of water to it before reheating if needed.
Now go ahead and get your spooky self ready – this Chicken Olivia recipe will have your ghoulish guests dying for seconds.
Tips for Perfect Results
Now, to ensure your Chicken Olivia recipe turns out just right every time, here are some tips that will help you get perfect results.
First things first, make sure to use a rotisserie chicken for this recipe as it saves time and adds flavor to the dish. If you have extra time, you can also cook your own boneless skinless chicken breasts in the air fryer or bake them in the oven until they are cooked through and juicy.
To ensure the creamy sauce is not too thick, add a little bit of water or chicken broth when mixing the cream of chicken soup with sour cream. This will create a more flavorful and smooth sauce that coats the chicken perfectly.
When mixing the ingredients together for the filling, use a fork to shred the rotisserie or cooked chicken into small pieces for an even texture. This also makes it easier to fill and roll the tortillas without them tearing apart.
For those who like their Chicken Olivia with a crunchy texture, try adding chopped water chestnuts into the filling mixture. These add a nice bite and crunchiness to each bite.
Also, consider using sharp cheddar cheese when making this recipe. It is a great option as it adds both flavor and creaminess to the filling mixture.
Lastly, don’t forget to preheat your oven before baking. There’s nothing worse than realizing halfway through cooking that your oven wasn’t ready! Bake at 350°F (180°C) for about 30-35 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly on top.
By following these tips, you can take your Chicken Olivia recipe to new heights and impress your guests with its delicious taste and perfect texture.
And there you have it, folks! My Chicken Olivia recipe will certainly impress your dinner guests, and make your meal prep easier than ever. With creamy, flavorful ingredients like sour cream, sharp cheddar cheese, and diced green chilies, you can’t go wrong with this dish. Plus, the ability to customize it with different types of chicken – rotisserie or boneless skinless – and various substitutions or variations adds to its versatility.
So why not try something new tonight? Impress your loved ones with my Chicken Olivia recipe! Not only will it save you time and effort in the kitchen, but it will also provide a delicious meal that everyone is sure to enjoy. So gather your ingredients, preheat your oven or air fryer, and get cooking! Your taste buds will thank you.
Chicken Olivia Recipe
- 1 (1 -1 1/2 lb) package boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
- 2 (4 ounce) cans diced green chilies
- 2 (4 ounce) cans sliced black olives, drained
- 1 bunch thinly sliced green onion
- 2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
- Steam chicken and cut into small pieces. Place in a 2 quart baking dish.
- Mix soup, sour cream, chiles, olives, and green onions. Pour over the chicken.
- Cover with the cheese and bake at 350 degrees farenheit for 20-30 minutes.
Your Own Notes
Recommended Recipes Just For You
Anna is a culinary expert who specializes in grilling delicious BBQ dishes. She also enjoys sharing her recipes and experiences with her foodie community on her blog. She’s the total package for any backyard barbecue!