In a world where time is valuable and healthy food can be hard to come by, it’s always a pleasure to find a delicious recipe that’s both quick and healthy. Today, I present to you my favorite recipe: WW Cajun Chicken Spinach Wraps – only 5 points per wrap!
As a home chef who loves throwing parties, I’m always on the lookout for easy-to-make recipes that taste great and keep my guests satisfied. And this recipe ticks all the boxes! Plus, as someone who follows the Weight Watchers plan, I understand the importance of finding recipes that are both tasty and points-friendly.
In this recipe, you’ll find tender chicken breast seasoned with paprika and cayenne pepper, paired with fresh spinach leaves and creamy low-fat mayonnaise, all wrapped in a whole wheat tortilla. It’s the perfect blend of flavors and textures that will leave you feeling satisfied without sacrificing your weight loss goals.
So if you’re looking for a quick and easy lunch or dinner option that won’t derail your progress on the Weight Watchers plan, look no further than my WW Cajun Chicken Spinach Wraps. Trust me, your taste buds will thank you.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
If you are looking for a delicious, healthy and low calorie recipe, then you will surely love this WW Cajun Chicken Spinach Wraps 5 Points Recipe. Not only is it easy to make, but it is also packed with flavorful ingredients that will satisfy your cravings without sabotaging your weight loss goals.
With a cajun-inspired spice blend of paprika and cayenne pepper, these chicken wraps are a perfect treat for those who love a bit of heat. The juicy chicken breast mixed with the colorful red onions and fresh cilantro create a flavor explosion in your taste buds, while the spinach adds an earthy freshness that balances the dish so perfectly.
Moreover, this recipe only takes a few minutes to prepare and cook. You just need to cook the chicken breast in olive oil with some cajun seasoning until it is tender and juicy. Then mix in some low-fat mayonnaise to make the filling for your wrap. Add all other toppings along with the chicken – spinach, red onions and cilantro.
One of the best things about this recipe is its versatility. You can easily substitute ingredients according to your taste preferences or dietary restrictions. For example, if you want to add extra protein, you can use shrimp or tofu instead of chicken breast.
And if you’re feeling creative, try experimenting with different flavors such as chipotle or buffalo chicken to make homemade cajun chicken wraps truly unique!
So, whether you are following a weight loss program like Weight Watchers or simply looking for a healthy lunch option that tastes amazing and won’t break the calorie bank, this WW Cajun Chicken Spinach Wraps 5 Points Recipe is an absolute must-try! It’s perfect for anyone wanting points pinch nom recipes without compromising on flavor.
- [ ] 1 lb. Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
- [ ] 1 tsp Paprika
- [ ] 1/2 tsp Ground Cayenne Pepper
- [ ] Salt and Pepper to taste
- [ ] 1 Medium Red Onion, chopped
- [ ] 1/4 cup Chopped fresh Cilantro
- [ ] 4 cups Baby Spinach
- [ ] 2 tbsp Low-Fat Mayonnaise
- [ ] Pinch of ground cayenne pepper, paprika and garlic powder
- [ ] 1 tbsp All-Purpose Flour
- [ ] 2 tsp Olive Oil
- [ ] 4 Whole Wheat tortillas
You may adjust the spices according to your personal preference. Don’t hesitate to substitute or add ingredients to make this dish your own!
The Recipe How-To
Now it’s time to get cooking! Follow these step-by-step instructions to make delicious and healthy WW Cajun Chicken Spinach Wraps.
Here are the ingredients you’ll need:
- Cajun chicken: 2 skinless chicken breasts, 1 tbsp olive oil, 1 tsp paprika, 1 tsp cayenne pepper, 1 tsp garlic powder.
- Wraps: 4 whole wheat tortillas or spinach wraps [(5 points each)].
- Sauce: 1/4 cup of low-fat mayonnaise, 2 tbsp freshly chopped cilantro.
- Vegetables: 2 cups of baby spinach leaves, thinly sliced red onions.
Prepare the cajun chicken. In a small bowl mix together 1 tsp paprika, 1 tsp cayenne pepper, and 1 tsp garlic powder. Rub the spice mixture all over the chicken breasts to coat well.
In a non-stick skillet on medium-high heat add 1 tbsp olive oil. Once hot, add the chicken breasts and cook for ~8 minutes on each side, or until fully cooked.
While the chicken is cooking, make the sauce. Mix together 1/4 cup of low-fat mayonnaise with 2 tbsp of freshly chopped cilantro in a small bowl.
When the chicken is fully cooked, transfer it to a plate and let cool for ~10 minutes so you can thinly slice it into strips.
To assemble the wraps, lay out one tortilla or spinach wrap on a plate. Spread the sauce over the top half of the wrap or tortilla.
Add a handful of baby spinach leaves to the bottom half of the wrap or tortilla.
Top spinach with thinly sliced red onions and cajun chicken strips.
Tightly roll up each wrap/tortilla by folding in from both sides and then rolling up from bottom to top.
Serve your delicious and healthy WW Cajun Chicken Spinach Wraps!
You could swap out some veggies depending on what you have on hand or what’s in season at your local farmers market! Try adding chipotle-roasted sweet potatoes and black beans as your toppings for an extra boost of protein plus fiber. Or substitute baby kale instead of baby spinach which can be equally delicious.
Congratulations! You’ve successfully followed my instructions on how to prepare this delicious dish!
Substitutions and Variations
One of the best things about this WW Cajun Chicken Spinach Wraps recipe is that it’s remarkably adaptable. You can make several substitutions and modifications to cater to your personal tastes and dietary restrictions. Here are some variations and substitutions that you can try:
– Protein substitute: feel free to switch it up by using turkey or lean ground beef instead of chicken breasts.
– Spiciness: If you’re sensitive to spicy food, you can reduce the number of cayenne pepper or red pepper flakes in the recipe or omit them entirely.
– Flour substitute: make this recipe gluten-free by swapping wheat flour for almond flour or coconut flour.
– Vegetarian option: replace chicken with roasted eggplant or chickpeas for a vegan alternative.
– Tortilla swap: Although we recommended whole wheat tortillas, feel free to use any wraps that you like such as spinach tortilla wraps or even a corn tortilla wrap for some variety.
Overall, these suggestions serve as a guide to help make this recipe work best with your needs. Enjoy experimenting with these variations and see what works for you!
Serving and Pairing
It’s time to wrap it up! Literally. These WW Cajun Chicken Spinach Wraps make for a delicious and satisfying meal any time of day. I recommend serving them up for lunch or a light dinner, as they are a perfect balance of protein, veggies, and carbs. The spinach wraps provide a healthy dose of greenery and fiber, while the chicken breast satisfies your hunger with lean protein.
Pair these cajun chicken wraps with a light salad on the side, like baby greens with balsamic vinaigrette, to round out your meal. You could also add some roasted sweet potato wedges or grilled corn to the plate to increase the carb count if that’s what you need.
If you’re serving a crowd, consider making a variety of different wraps to cater to everyone’s preferences. You can easily modify this recipe by substituting the chicken for buffalo chicken or Thai chicken, adding chipotle or ranch seasoning instead of cajun spice, or swapping out the spinach wrap for a whole wheat tortilla wrap.
For pairing recommendations, I would suggest keeping it simple with a glass of water or unsweetened iced tea. If you’d rather have something with more flavor and pizzazz, try pairing this dish with a light beer or hard seltzer.
Overall, these WW Cajun Chicken Spinach Wraps are an easy and versatile meal that anyone can enjoy. They go well with many different sides and drinks and make for a perfect party snack too!
Make-Ahead, Storing and Reheating
One of the perks of this WW Cajun Chicken Spinach Wraps 5 Points Recipe is that it can be prepped in advance, making it perfect for meal prep or party planning! Just be sure to store each element separately until ready to assemble.
The chicken can be grilled or cooked ahead of time, then refrigerated or frozen until needed. When refrigerating, store the chicken in an airtight container for up to 3 days. To reheat, simply heat it up in the microwave, pan or oven until warmed through.
The spinach and red onions can also be washed and chopped ahead of time and stored separately in sealed containers or bags. For the red onions, it’s best to keep them in a dry container (like a glass jar) with a tight-fitting lid in order to maintain its crunchiness.
The wraps themselves can also be made ahead of time and then stored wrapped up in plastic wrap or aluminum foil. If you prefer crispy wraps, you can reheat them on a dry skillet over medium-high heat for 10-15 seconds before assembling.
As for the mayo cilantro sauce, you should only make it fresh since it will not keep well over time.
When it comes time to serve, simply assemble the ingredients as desired and enjoy! Keeping things separate initially will keep your wraps crispy and lettuce fresh for hours after assembling.
Whether you’re looking for a healthy meal prep option or need an easy lunch idea for the week, these WW Cajun Chicken Spinach Wraps are super easy to make-ahead and serve later!
Tips for Perfect Results
To ensure that this recipe turns out perfectly every time, here are my top tips:
1. Adjust the seasonings to your taste: This recipe calls for cayenne pepper and paprika, which provide a nice amount of heat to the chicken. However, feel free to adjust the spice level to your preference. If you prefer spicier food, just add a bit more cayenne pepper.
2. Use whole wheat tortillas: Using whole wheat tortillas instead of regular flour tortillas increases the fiber content of this dish and makes it more filling.
3. Avoid overcooking the chicken: Overcooked chicken can become dry and tough, ruining the texture of the dish. Make sure to cook the chicken until it’s no longer pink in the center, but don’t continue cooking it any longer than necessary.
4. Preheat your pan before adding the chicken: Heating up the pan before adding the chicken ensures that you get a nice sear on both sides of each piece.
5. Allow the cooked chicken to rest: After removing the cooked chicken from the heat, allow it to rest for a few minutes before cutting or shredding it. This allows any juices to redistribute throughout, resulting in juicier meat.
6. Serve immediately after assembling: While this recipe can be made ahead of time and stored, it’s best when served fresh. The spinach can wilt and become soggy if left sitting for too long.
By following these tips, you’ll be able to make perfectly delicious and satisfying WW Cajun Chicken Spinach Wraps every time!
Now, let’s address some frequently asked questions about WW Cajun Chicken Spinach Wraps 5 Points Recipe. It is completely normal to have questions and concerns about a recipe, particularly if you are trying it out for the first time. Therefore, we have compiled a list of the most commonly asked questions and provided detailed answers to them below. So, read on to clear up any doubts you may have about this delectable dish!
How many calories are in a Cajun chicken wrap?
The Tesco Cajun Chicken Wrap comes with 44 grams of carbohydrates in total, out of which 40 grams are net carbs. Additionally, it contains 14 grams of fat, 17 grams of protein, and a total of 358 calories.
How many carbs are in a spinach chicken wrap?
The Red Robin Wraps Caesar’s Chicken Spinach Tortilla is a filling and delicious meal that packs a punch with its well-balanced macronutrient profile. This flavorful wrap provides a generous serving of protein and healthy fats, while containing a moderate level of total carbs and net carbs that won’t overload your daily carb budget. With its nutrient-dense ingredients and satisfying taste, this wrap is not one to be missed.
How many calories are in a grilled chicken spinach wrap?
This recipe has a quick preparation time and is relatively low in calories, with only 230 per serving.
In conclusion, this WW Cajun Chicken Spinach Wraps 5 Points Recipe is the perfect option for anyone who wants a delicious and healthy meal that won’t derail their diet. With its flavorful blend of spices and fresh ingredients, this dish packs a punch of taste without adding on the extra calories. Plus, with the addition of spinach to your wrap, you can add an extra dose of nutrition to your meal.
Whether you’re following the Weight Watchers program or just looking for a tasty meal that won’t break the calorie bank, this recipe is a must-try. It’s quick and easy to make, and you can even customize it to suit your tastes by adding in different veggies or swapping out the chicken for tofu or shrimp.
So next time you’re looking for a delicious lunch or dinner option, give these Cajun Chicken Spinach Wraps a try. Trust us, your taste buds (and your waistline) will thank you.
WW Cajun Chicken Spinach Wraps 5 Points Recipe
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon cajun seasoning
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 chicken breast
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon low-fat mayonnaise
- 16 inches low-carb whole wheat tortillas
- 2 cups spinach
- 1 -2 tablespoon cilantro
- 2 tablespoons red onions (chopped)
- 1/4 teaspoon cajun spices
- 1 dash cayenne pepper (maybe 2 dashes)
- 1 dash paprika
- Chop chicken breast into small 1/2" chunks.
- Combine 1 t. cajun seasoning,1 T. flour, paprika, cayenne, salt & pepper in small bowl.
- Add chicken to dry ingredients, tossing to combine.
- Add oil to small skillet, add chicken, cook 1-2 minute per side, set aside.
- In a very small bowl, mix mayonnaise, 1/4 teaspoons cajun spice, a dash or cayenne & paprika, spread equally on 6 1/2" fajita size whole wheat tortilla.
- Top with spinach, chicken,red onion & cilantro.
- Fold tortilla and seal with moisture from mayonnaise mixture.
Your Own Notes
Recommended Recipes Just For You
Anna is a culinary expert who specializes in grilling delicious BBQ dishes. She also enjoys sharing her recipes and experiences with her foodie community on her blog. She’s the total package for any backyard barbecue!