As a self-proclaimed party-thrower, I know the key to hosting a successful shindig is having an array of delectable finger foods that leave your guests raving. And let me tell you, this roasted shrimp recipe is guaranteed to do just that.
It’s the perfect appetizer for any occasion, from a fancy dinner party to a casual get-together with friends. Not only is it super easy to make, taking only 10 minutes in the oven, but it’s also packed with flavor. Trust me when I say that your guests will be asking for the recipe before they’ve even finished their first cocktail.
The combination of garlic and herbs infused into the shrimp, combined with the perfect amount of kosher salt and cracked pepper, creates an irresistible aroma that will fill your entire house. And when paired with homemade cocktail sauce, you’ll have the ultimate easy holiday party appetizer that everyone will love.
Whether you serve it hot out of the oven or chilled for a classic shrimp cocktail vibe, these roasted shrimp are sure to be a crowd-pleaser. Don’t believe me? Give this recipe a try and see for yourself just how easy it is to create a mouthwatering masterpiece that will take your party to the next level.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
Listen up, foodies! This Party Roasted Shrimp Recipe is definitely worth trying. Why? Well, let me tell you why you’ll love this recipe.
First and foremost, the roasted shrimp is crispy on the outside and tender on the inside. The olive oil, garlic herb-infused, and sprinkled with kosher salt and cracked pepper ensure a flavorful taste that explodes in your mouth.
Secondly, it’s effortless to prepare. You only need ten to fifteen minutes in the oven, making it an ideal choice for busy hosts who want to whip out a quick and easy party appetizer but don’t want to compromise on flavor or quality.
Thirdly, it’s highly versatile! You can serve the herb-roasted shrimp with cocktail sauce for a classic shrimp cocktail or toss it with spaghetti and Parmesan cheese for a delightful shrimp scampi. You could even spice things up with old bay seasoning or go cheesy with stuffed shrimp. The options are endless.
So, if you’re looking for an easy-to-make appetizer that is guaranteed to leave your guests impressed, look no further than this Party Roasted Shrimp Recipe!
To make this Garlic Herb Roasted Shrimp recipe, we need simple yet high-quality ingredients. Here’s what you will need:
- 1 pound of shrimp, peeled and deveined (you can use tiger prawns or any type of large shrimp)
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of minced garlic
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons of kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
- Pinch of red pepper flakes (optional but recommended to add some heat)
- Cocktail sauce for serving
Make sure your shrimp is fresh and has been de-shelled properly before preparing for the recipe. For a homemade cocktail sauce, we recommend checking out our Cocktail Sauce Ultimate Easy Recipe in section (5) for a tasty pairing option.
The Recipe How-To
Preheating the oven is key to ensuring that the shrimp are cooked to perfection. It allows for the oven to heat up and stabilize before any cooking begins. I like to get my oven going at least 15 minutes before I need it.
Step 2: Toss Shrimp in Olive Oil
In a large bowl, toss your shrimp with some olive oil, kosher salt, and freshly cracked pepper. This will help give it a great flavor profile.
Step 3: Add Garlic and Herb
Give the shrimp an added burst of flavor by adding minced garlic and herbs of your choice.
Step 4: Roast the Shrimp
Grab a large rimmed baking sheet, and spread out the shrimp in one layer. Roast them for about 10 minutes, making sure to turn them over halfway through so they cook evenly.
Step 5: Serve with Homemade Cocktail Sauce
While your shrimp are roasting, you can take this opportunity to whip up some homemade cocktail sauce. The recipe is quite simple – mix together ketchup, horseradish, lemon juice, worcestershire sauce, and hot sauce – but it adds so much more depth of flavor than store-bought cocktail sauce.
Step 6: Garnish with Red Pepper Flakes
Once your shrimp have been roasted to perfection, take them out of the oven and garnish them with some red pepper flakes for an extra kick.
So there you have it! This roasted shrimp cocktail recipe is perfect for any party or gathering that you may be hosting. They are easy to make but are sure to impress your guests.
Substitutions and Variations
My Party Roasted Shrimp Recipe is already a crowd pleaser, but if you’re feeling adventurous, try experimenting with some ingredient substitutions and variations! Here are some ideas to spice up this classic appetizer:
– Spicy Shrimp Appetizers: Add a kick to your roasted shrimp cocktail by mixing in red pepper flakes or Old Bay seasoning. You can also serve a spicy cocktail sauce on the side.
– Stuffed Shrimp: After roasting your shrimp, remove the tail and devein the shrimp prior to stuffing them. Try stuffing them with cheese or even scampi mix.
– Tiger Prawns: If you want to go for a more exotic feel, scale up and use Tiger prawns instead of classic shrimp. Not only they can add variety to your recipe, but tiger prawns have large shells that make it a notable choice for dinner parties.
– Sheet Pan Shrimp Scampi: Love garlic? This variation is inspired by the famous barefoot contessa Ina Garten’s classic shrimp scampi recipe where pre-cooked linguine is added in after the shrimps have been roasted with useful Italian herbs such as basil, thyme and minced garlic.
Remember that these variations can be adjusted based on your preference. A whole lot of exciting exploration awaits as this recipe is versatile enough so you can swap ingredients depending on how adventurous you want to get.
Serving and Pairing
Now that you’ve got a platter of succulent, garlic and herb roasted shrimp in front of you, it’s time to think about the perfect way to serve them. You can present them as is, with their tails on or off, or remove the shells and tails completely for a fancier presentation that is easier for guests to eat. If you’re feeling fancy, try serving a homemade cocktail sauce in individual shot glasses for each guest to dip their shrimp into. This adds an upscale touch to your party appetizer spread.
Pairing-wise, these roasted shrimp can hold their own against a variety of flavors. They are perfect with classic cocktail sauce, made with ketchup, horseradish, Worcestershire sauce, Tabasco and fresh lemon juice. Or try a twist on cocktail sauce with honey mustard or sriracha mayo dipping sauces. For something fresher and zesty, serve it with a lime and cilantro aioli or avocado crema. If you want to go outside the box, complement the garlic and herb flavors in the shrimp by pairing them with Tabasco butter or remoulade sauce.
If you’re serving other appetizers alongside these roasted shrimp, consider pairing them with additional seafood dishes such as crab cakes or stuffed shrimp for a cohesive menu. You could also serve light and bright dishes like grilled vegetables or ceviche as complementary options for your guests who aren’t seafood fans.
As far as drinks go, it’s hard to go wrong pairing any sort of bubbly wine such as Champagne, Prosecco or Cava with this party appetizer staple. A crisp white wine like Sauvignon Blanc also pairs well with these herb-infused roasted shrimp. For beer drinkers, a light lager or pilsner will keep things refreshing and easy-drinking during your party.
By keeping things simple when it comes to serving and pairing your garlic-herb roasted shrimp recipe, your guests will be able to focus on the delicious flavor without any fussing over elaborate preparation or complicated pairings.
Make-Ahead, Storing and Reheating
Listen up, folks! When it comes to parties, one of the biggest game-changers is preparing dishes ahead of time. For this roasted shrimp recipe, you’ve got a few options.
First up, you can toss the shrimp in a bowl with olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic herb mixture ahead of time (up to a day before!) and refrigerate until ready to roast in the oven. This will give the shrimp ample time to absorb all of those delicious flavors, making them even more savory and flavorful.
Now, when it comes time to store your leftover shrimp (if there are any!), make sure you tightly wrap them in aluminum foil or store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator. They can last up to three days if stored properly.
When reheating, simply throw those babies on a baking sheet lined with foil and pop them in a 350-degree oven for about 5-7 minutes until they are heated through. You don’t want overcooked chewy shrimp as a result of reheating, so make sure to keep an eye on them while reheating.
Trust me when I say that these shrimp are a hit at parties! But don’t just take my word for it– try the make-ahead option and see for yourself how much easier party prep can be.
Tips for Perfect Results
Now that you have all the ingredients and steps needed to create a mouth-watering roasted shrimp cocktail, here are some tips to help you achieve perfect results:
1. Use the Freshest Shrimp Possible – The quality of your shrimp can make or break this recipe. Always use fresh or thawed frozen shrimp to ensure they cook evenly and taste delicious.
2. Don’t Overcrowd Your Baking Sheet – Arrange your shrimp in a single layer on a large rimmed baking sheet to make sure they roast perfectly. If you overcrowd the sheet, it will lead to steaming instead of roasting, which will cause them to become mushy instead of crispy.
3. Spice Up Your Shrimp – For an extra kick, add a pinch or two of red pepper flakes or Old Bay seasoning to the shrimp before roasting. It’ll add just the right amount of heat and flavor to make them irresistible.
4. Infuse Your Shrimp With Herbs – Experiment with different herbs such as thyme or rosemary to infuse your roasted shrimp with more depth and flavor.
5. Get Creative With Your Cocktail Sauce – While homemade cocktail sauce is always a win, don’t be afraid to get creative with your sauce recipe. Try adding horseradish or different types of mustard for unique flavors.
6. Serve The Roasted Shrimp Cocktail Cold – The best way to enjoy this dish is when it’s chilled. Pop your cooked shrimp in the refrigerator for at least an hour before serving so that they can cool down completely.
7. Pair Your Roasted Shrimp Cocktail With The Perfect Drink – This recipe pairs well with sparkling wine, white wine, or beer. Try serving it with a cold glass of Prosecco for a refreshing contrast.
With these tips in mind, there’s no doubt that your roasted shrimp cocktail will be the star of any party!
So there you have it, my friends – a recipe that will take your party to the next level! This party roasted shrimp recipe is sure to be a crowd-pleaser with its herb-infused, lemony flavor and unbelievably easy prep. Whether you’re hosting a holiday party or a summer barbecue, these shrimp will make an impressive addition to your spread.
With the added bonus of being able to make ahead, store, and reheat this dish with little-to-no fuss, you won’t have to stress over food on the day of the event. And for those with dietary restrictions or preferences, feel free to experiment with substitutions or variations to make it your own.
But let’s not forget about that homemade cocktail sauce – the ultimate complement to this already delicious appetizer. So skip the store-bought sauce and whip up your own batch to really impress your guests.
Whether roasted alone or as part of your favorite shrimp dish like scampi or stuffed shrimp, this recipe will work wonders for you. So go ahead, give it a try – I promise it won’t disappoint!
Party Roasted Shrimp Recipe
- 2 lbs shrimp, with tails size medium to large
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- cracked pepper
- 2 teaspoons Mrs. Dash garlic and herb seasoning
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Place the shrimp on a bowl.
- (Thaw shrimp ahead of time if frozen).
- Pour olive oil over shrimp.
- Sprinkle with Salt and Pepper.
- Sprinkle with Mrs. Dash Seasoning.
- (Seasonings can be adjusted to taste).
- Toss and let marinate in bowl for 10 minutes.
- Transfer marinated shrimp to a sheet pan in a single layer.
- Roast in the oven for approximately 5 to 6 minutes.
- When it turns nicely pink remove from the oven - Transfer to a serving dish and garnish with lemon wedges and cocktail sauce.
Your Own Notes
Recommended Recipes Just For You
Anna is a culinary expert who specializes in grilling delicious BBQ dishes. She also enjoys sharing her recipes and experiences with her foodie community on her blog. She’s the total package for any backyard barbecue!