Are you a seafood lover who enjoys some heat in their meal? Look no further than the Benihana Seafood Diablo recipe! This dish is sure to impress your taste buds with its bold and spicy flavors. As an experienced home chef who loves throwing parties, I can attest that this recipe is always a crowd-pleaser.
Originating from the famous Benihana restaurant, this diablo sauce recipe has been brought to life in kitchens around the world. The combination of succulent sea scallops and calamari alongside grilled shrimp makes for a mouth-watering seafood delight. Not to mention, the dish is packed full of healthy options such as udon noodles and assorted vegetables that will leave you feeling satisfied.
What sets this recipe apart from others is the homemade spicy sauce – Benihana Diablo Sauce. It’s what gives the seafood its fiery kick while balancing out the saltiness of traditional soy sauce with sweetness from mirin and sugar. With each bite, you’ll feel a flavorful explosion in your mouth that we guarantee you’ll love.
So, whether this is your first time making this recipe or you’re a seasoned pro, get ready to impress yourself and anyone lucky enough to have a seat at your dinner table with our Benihana Seafood Diablo recipe!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
Are you ready to taste the most succulent and flavorful seafood dish? Look no further than the Benihana Seafood Diablo Recipe, a recipe that will have your taste buds dancing with joy. This recipe is one of the most popular dishes at the Benihana restaurant, and for good reason.
Did someone say sea scallops, calamari, large shrimp and assorted vegetables grilled to perfection on a sizzling hot plate? This dish has it all. The seafood is cooked to perfection, reminiscent of the ocean’s finest flavors. But what sets this dish apart is the homemade spicy sauce – full of umami flavors that keep you coming back for more.
Believe me when I tell you, one bite of this seafood diablo will have you fully immersed in its flavor profile. The spices and seasoning blend perfectly with the fresh ingredients to create an explosion of heat and savory that makes your mouth water. Oh, and let’s not forget the udon noodles – they provide delicious bulk to an already fantastic array of flavors.
This recipe offers an ideal option for those who love spice as well as those who enjoy mild flavors with depth. You can modify this recipe by increasing or decreasing spice levels as per your desire. It provides a perfect means to experiment with different combinations of seafood and vegetables.The possibilities are endless with this recipe.
Why stick to chicken, beef or pork when you can indulge in succulent scallops, shrimp and squid cooked to perfection? If you’re seeking something unique and eye-catching for your next party or reunion, why not try this recipe out? I promise; it won’t disappoint. Prepared just like it is in Benihana restaurants worldwide, prepare yourself for an extraordinary dining experience at home!
Here’s a list of all the ingredients you will need to recreate the Benihana Seafood Diablo Recipe in your own kitchen:
Seafood and Vegetables
- 1/2 head cauliflower, broken into florets
- 1/4 head cabbage, sliced thinly
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen green beans
- 1/2 head fresh broccoli, broken into florets
- 1 large onion, sliced into thick rounds
- 1 large carrot, peeled and cut diagonally
For the seafood, you will need:
– 1 lb large scallops
– 1 lb large shrimp (peeled and deveined)
– 1 lb squid, cleaned and cut into rings
Diablo Sauce and Seasonings
- Togarashi pepper (Japanese chili powder) or cayenne pepper, to taste
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons granulated white sugar
- 1/4 cup mirin
- 2 cups low-sodium soy sauce
- 4 cups sake
- 1 tablespoon spicy chili paste or sambal oelek
Noodles and Rice
To serve with the seafood and vegetables, you will need:
– Japanese udon noodles
– Steamed white rice
You can find these ingredients at your local Asian market or a well-stocked grocery store. Don’t worry if you can’t find some of them, I’ve got some substitutions for you in the following section.
The Recipe How-To
Once you have gathered all the ingredients, it’s time to cook this seafood diablo to perfection. This recipe serves four and takes approximately 45 minutes to prepare.
Step 1: Prepare the Seafood and Vegetables
Start by cleaning 1 pound of sea scallops and assorted seafood, which include large shrimp and squid. Rinse the vegetables under cold water, then cut them into bite-sized pieces. The assorted vegetables include cauliflower, cabbage, green beans, broccoli, a sliced onion, and a diced carrot.
Step 2: Make the Spicy Diablo Sauce
In a small bowl, mix together 4 cups of sake, 2 cups of soy sauce, 2 cups of mirin and 1 tablespoon of Togarashi pepper. Then add a teaspoon each of paprika and sugar, stirring well to form the spicy sauce.
Step 3: Grill the Seafood and Vegetables
Preheat your grill or grill pan over high heat. To prevent sticking, brush some oil on the surface. Next, toss the assorted vegetables in some olive oil and season with salt and black pepper. Then place them on the grill and cook until they’re tender-crispy.
Next, add the cleaned seafood onto the grill (or you can use skewers) and baste with the homemade spicy sauce while cooking for five minutes until it turns opaque or pinkish white in color.
Step 4: Cook the Udon Noodles
In a pot of boiling water, cook two packs of Japanese udon noodles or any noodle you prefer until they become soft. Then rinse them off with cold water, drain them well, and toss them in oil to avoid sticking.
Step 5: Serve
Take one serving plate then add some cooked udon noodles onto it followed by grilled homemade spicy seafood diablo (scallops calamari shrimp assorted), grilled vegetables (cauliflower,cabbage, green beans,broccoli,onion carrot),and then drizzle with some benihana diablo sauce tiktok video inspired.]]
Now your delicious seafood diablo is ready to be served! Enjoy this flavorful dish with your friends and family.
Note: The correct recipe includes 1/2 cup of soy sauce instead of cup soy sauce mentioned in Benihana Instagram noodle seafood diablo instructions.
Substitutions and Variations
When it comes to making a flavorful dish, creativity is key. If you want to try some variations or substitutions for Benihana Seafood Diablo recipe, here are a few ideas that will help you add your own signature flavor:
– Noodles: If you can’t find Japanese udon noodles, feel free to use any other type of noodle that would complement the seafood and vegetables in this recipe. How about using soba or ramen noodles? Or you could even try zucchini noodles if you prefer a low-carb option.
– Vegetables: The recipe calls for cabbage, cauliflower, green beans, onion, and carrot. However, if you have other vegetables in your fridge that need to be used up, such as bell peppers or mushrooms, chop them up and toss them in. You could also add spinach or kale for some extra leafy greens.
– Seafood: If you’re not a fan of scallops, calamari, or shrimp, don’t worry. You can substitute with other types of seafood like crab meat or lobster. You could even create an “assorted seafood” platter by mixing in different types of fish.
– Sauce: Diablo sauce is already spicy, but if you can handle the heat, feel free to kick it up a notch by adding more togarashi pepper or paprika. Or if you’re looking for something milder, simply decrease the amount of spice and add more sugar to balance out the flavors.
– Pairings: If you want to serve something alongside this dish, consider hibachi steak or chicken for a classic Benihana restaurant experience. Fried rice or sushi would also pair nicely.
With these substitutions and variations in mind, the possibilities are endless when it comes to customizing this dish exactly to your taste preferences. Be creative and experiment with different combinations until you find your perfect match!
Serving and Pairing
Now that the seafood diablo has been grilled to perfection, it’s time to think about how to elegantly present it on the plate. First of all, I highly recommend pairing this dish with Japanese udon noodles grilled homemade style. The hearty and slightly chewy texture of these noodles is an excellent complement to the rich and spicy flavor of the diablo sauce.
To add more color and texture to your plate, consider serving some assorted vegetables Japanese-style. Some of my favorite options include cauliflower, cabbage, green beans, onion, carrot, and broccoli. These veggies not only provide an eye-catching array of colors but also balance out the heat from the spicy seafood diablo sauce.
Another option for pairing is fried rice or diablo rice from Benihana’s recipe book to add extra flavors and texture to your meal. This rice dish is inspired by the renowned Piccadilly Circus in London and is guaranteed to make your taste buds sing.
For dipping sauce lovers, consider trying out some Yum Yum sauce, a popular item on Benihana’s hibachi chicken or shrimp dishes. The sauce adds a sweet tanginess that complements the spice in the seafood diablo sauce perfectly.
In terms of beverage pairings, sake or wine are always winners with seafood. A crisp white Sauvignon Blanc pairs well with the bold flavors of seafood and spices, while a rich Pinot Noir would complement the subtle sweetness brought by the mirin in the recipe.
Remember that you can always play around with different sides and beverages until you find what works best for you. Just don’t forget that a delicious meal is just as much about presentation as it is about flavor. So have fun creating visually striking plates that will make your guests’ mouths water!
Make-Ahead, Storing and Reheating
Now, let’s talk about how to make-ahead and store this Benihana Seafood Diablo recipe for later enjoyment. The good news is that it can easily be stored in the refrigerator or freezer without losing its great taste.
If you plan on making the entire dish ahead of time, I recommend keeping the seafood separate from the vegetables and noodles. This way, they won’t get overcooked or lose its texture. Store them in separate containers and keep them in the refrigerator.
To reheat the meal, simply cook each element separately by using a wok or a pan at medium heat until they’re warmed through completely. Afterwards, combine them into one wok or pan and sauté them for a couple of minutes to get rid of any excess moisture.
As for leftovers, store them in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 2-3 days. For freezer storage, label the container well with the date and freeze for up to a month. When you’re ready to eat your leftovers, thaw them overnight in the fridge and reheat following above instructions.
And there you have it – easy make-ahead, storing and reheating tips for your delicious Benihana Seafood Diablo recipe.
Tips for Perfect Results
The best way to become a chef is by improving your cooking skills, and what better way to do that than with these tips to help you get perfect results when making this Benihana Seafood Diablo Recipe. As a scribe for a home chef who loves throwing parties, I have had the privilege of learning firsthand from the best chefs in the industry, and they have shared their techniques and secrets to create mouthwatering dishes every time. Here are some tips that will allow you to master this dish in no time.
1. The key to really great flavor is properly cleaning seafood – Before cooking seafood, it’s essential to rinse it through cold water thoroughly. Make sure there are no scales or bones remaining so as not to ruin your guests’ experience when eating. You can try using a lemon solution for extra freshness and taste.
2. Pat your seafood dry – Seafood tends to be moist, so patting it dry is crucial when preparing it. Doing this will help in preventing steam from forming while cooking while allowing for more rapid absorption of flavors and seasonings.
3. Use high-quality ingredients – The flavor profile of your dish depends on the quality of its ingredients. To ensure delectable, flavorful Benihana Seafood Diablo, always use fresh seafood, vegetables Japanese udon noodles, and Benihana Diablo sauce TikTok or other homemade spicy sauces.
4. Don’t overcook shrimp and scallops – One of the biggest mistakes with seafood is overcooking them; they will become rubbery and chewy if left on the heat for too long. Be aware that shrimp only needs about two minutes per side when cooked on high heat and cover cooking for one minute each side after flipping. Scallops shouldn’t be cooked for more than two minutes per side.
5. Start with hot oil – When cooking vegetables such as broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, carrot, onion or green beans make sure your skillet has hot oil before you add them. It ensures that the vegetables sear properly without turning out soggy.
6. Find room in your schedule – When making this dish with assorted seafood such as squid or any shellfish becomes more manageable if prepped ahead of time given the assortment variety in texture kind that must be cooked differently otherwise risks ruining certain elements due to being overcooked.
By following these straightforward tips, you can whip up an impressive Benihana Seafood Diablo Recipe that will leave your guests craving for more at each party you throw! Enjoy mastering this recipe!
Now that you have made it to the FAQ section, you must be getting excited to try out this delicious Benihana Seafood Diablo Recipe at your next party or gathering. You might have some questions or concerns about the recipe or its ingredients, and therefore, we’ve compiled a list of frequently asked questions to help clear any doubts and confusion related to the recipe. So let’s dive into the most commonly asked questions about this recipe and find answers that will keep you on track for making a perfect dish.
What is in seafood Diablo Benihana?
This recipe features a fiery homemade sauce that packs a punch of spice, and it’s perfect for grilling a mix of seafood, veggies, and Japanese udon noodles. The seafood selection includes succulent sea scallops, tender calamari, and juicy shrimp, making for a deliciously hearty and satisfying dish.
What is diablo sauce made of Benihana?
The flavor profile of this recipe is a unique combination of seven spices, which can differ based on the recipe. The blend often includes chili pepper, black and white sesame seeds, ginger, sansho pepper, seaweed, and orange peel.
What does Diablo sauce have in it?
The ingredients in this September 6, 2019 batch of tomato puree include water, tomato paste, distilled vinegar, spices, sugar, maltodextrin, natural flavors, dried onions, dried garlic, disodium inosinate, disodium guanylate, and extractives of paprika.
What is Yum Yum sauce called at Benihana?
You may have tasted the delightful Japanese-style shrimp sauce before, known by various names such as Benihana Yum Yum Sauce or hibachi shrimp sauce. You’re in luck because I’m about to reveal the authentic recipe you’ve been searching for! Additionally, this post has been recently updated with video instructions to guide you every step of the way.
In conclusion, the Benihana Seafood Diablo recipe is a must-try recipe for any seafood lover out there. With its spicy and flavorful sauce, bold ingredients list, and endless possibilities for variations and substitutions, this recipe has something for everyone.
So, why not give it a try? Whether you’re preparing it for a dinner party with friends or just want to satisfy your cravings on a weeknight, this recipe is sure to impress. And don’t forget to pair it with some udon noodles or grilled vegetables for the perfect meal.
So go ahead and get cooking! Trust me, once you taste the deliciousness of this Benihana-inspired seafood diablo dish, you’ll be hooked. And who knows? You might just find a new staple in your dinner repertoire.
Benihana Seafood Diablo Recipe
- 1/4 cup sake
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup mirin
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon togarashi pepper
- 4 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 12 ounces squid, cleaned and sliced
- 1 lb large shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 12 ounces scallops
- 1 cup sliced carrot
- 1 cup sliced onion
- 1 cup green beans or 1 cup broccoli
- 1 cup cauliflower or 1 cup cabbage
- 15 fresh shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 3 (250 g) packages udon noodles, boiled per package directions
- Pour all Diablo sauce ingredients in a pan. Stir the mixture well.
- Put the pan on low heat and simmer for a couple of minutes.
- Remove from the heat and cool the mixture.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan or flat grill until very hot and stir-fry the seafood for 2 minutes.
- Add the vegetables and stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- Add udon noodles in the pan and stir-fry 1 minute.
- Put 1/3 cup of water in the pan and cover it with a lid. Steam the noodles for a few minutes. Take the lid off and add diablo sauce.
- Stir the noodles well and fry them for a few minutes.
Your Own Notes
Recommended Recipes Just For You
Anna is a culinary expert who specializes in grilling delicious BBQ dishes. She also enjoys sharing her recipes and experiences with her foodie community on her blog. She’s the total package for any backyard barbecue!