Welcome to my recipe for Snow Salad with Strawberry Sauce. This dish is a perfect addition to any gathering or celebration, and is sure to impress your guests. As the name implies, this salad has a snow-like appearance, thanks to the frozen ingredients used in the recipe.
As a home chef who loves entertaining, I know how important it is to have a show-stopping dish that doesn’t require hours of preparation. This salad is surprisingly easy to make and can be prepared ahead of time, making it a perfect choice for those busy days when you want to serve something special without spending all day in the kitchen.
The refreshing combination of creamy and fruity flavors in this salad will leave your taste buds wanting more. The strawberry sauce drizzled over the top adds just the right amount of sweetness, while the mix of textures from the crunchy nuts and soft berries creates a delightful contrast.
Using both fresh and frozen strawberries gives this dish an interesting dynamic as well. The frozen strawberries are used to create the “snow” effect and keep the salad cool, while fresh strawberries bring vibrant colors and bold flavor.
I promise you that this snow salad will be an instant hit with your family and friends. So let’s get started on creating a winter wonderland on your dinner table with this Snow Salad with Strawberry Sauce recipe!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
Are you looking for the perfect salad to surprise your dinner guests or to take to a potluck? Look no further than this Snow Salad with Strawberry Sauce recipe. I promise you, once you try it, you’ll love it!
First and foremost, the combination of fresh and frozen strawberries mixed with fluffy Cool Whip and tangy sour cream makes this salad irresistible. The strawberry sauce recipe is easy to follow and takes the whole dish to another level of fruity deliciousness.
Not only is this salad visually stunning, its texture is unique as well. The slightly crunchy jello pieces in every spoonful add a satisfying contrast to the smooth strawberry sauce and creamy base.
This recipe also offers flexibility as a year-round dessert or side dish. In winter, it’s perfect for adding some bright fruit colors to your table, while in summer it can be served as a refreshing treat on scorching hot days. Plus, with some substitutions and variations suggested later in the article, it has lots of potential for experimentation.
So go ahead and give this Snow Salad with Strawberry Sauce a try. Your taste buds will thank you!
Here are the ingredients you will need for this refreshing Snow Salad With Strawberry Sauce Recipe:
- 1 pkg. (6 ounces) strawberry jello
- 1 cup boiling water
- 3 cups cold water
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 2 cups fresh or frozen sliced strawberries
- 1 pt. vanilla ice cream, softened
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen strawberries, partially thawed
- Baby spinach leaves
- Poppy seed dressing
- Sliced strawberries
- Crumbled goat cheese
Make sure to have all of these ingredients on hand before starting to prepare your delicious Snow Salad with Strawberry Sauce Recipe.
The Recipe How-To
Snow Salad with Strawberry Sauce Recipe
This vibrant and refreshing Snow Salad with Strawberry Sauce recipe is a dreamy dessert, perfect for any occasion. Follow my simple instructions and allow me to guide you through the process of creating a luscious dessert that you and your guests will undoubtedly love.
- 1 package (3 ounces) strawberry Jello
- 1 cup of boiling water
- 3 cups of cold water
- 4 cups of ice cubes
- 1 cup of fresh or frozen sliced strawberries
- 1 container (8 ounces) Cool Whip®
- 1 cup of sour cream
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 cup of sugar
- 2 tablespoons of unflavored gelatin
- In a large bowl, combine the strawberry Jello with 1 cup of boiling water, stirring until fully dissolved.
- Add 3 cups of cold water and stir well.
- Add 4 cups of ice cubes to the bowl, stirring until most of the ice melts.
- Using a blender or food processor, blend 1 cup of fresh or frozen sliced strawberries until smooth.
- Add the strawberry purée to the Jello mixture and blend again until smooth.
- Whisk together 1 container (8 ounces) Cool Whip®, 1 cup of sour cream, 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract, and 1 cup of sugar in a separate bowl. Add it to the Jello mixture and whisk until fully combined.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, mix 2 tablespoons unflavored gelatin with ¼ cup water, let stand for five minutes, then microwave on high for two minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the dissolved gelatin to Jello mixture and stir thoroughly.
- Pour mixture into a greased mold or dish and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- When ready to serve, remove the mold from the refrigerator, dip into warm water for a few seconds, then use a knife to loosen the edges before inverting onto a serving platter.
Enjoy this delightful dessert on its own or pair it with ice cream or fresh fruit for an extra burst of flavor.
Now that you’ve learned how to make this delicious Snow Salad with Strawberry Sauce recipe, it’s time to share it with your loved ones!
Substitutions and Variations
Are you looking to mix things up with your snow salad? There are plenty of substitutions and variations you can try to make this recipe your own. Here are some ideas:
– Instead of using frozen strawberries for the sauce, try using fresh strawberries. This will give the sauce a brighter, more natural flavor.
– If you prefer a lighter topping, use Cool Whip instead of sour cream. For a tangier flavor, use Greek yogurt in place of the sour cream.
– Not a fan of gelatin? You can try making the sauce without it. However, keep in mind that the gelatin helps the sauce set and gives it a firmer texture.
– Looking for a low-sugar option? Swap out some (or all) of the sugar in the recipe with a sugar substitute like Stevia or Splenda.
– Want to add some texture to your snow salad? Consider adding sliced almonds or chopped pecans to the mix.
– For an adult twist on this kid-friendly dessert, try adding a splash of rum to the strawberry sauce or serving it with mojito fruit salad. Just be sure to label it as “adults only”!
– If you’re looking for a savory spin on the dish, swap out the sweet ingredients for some greens and savory dressing. Try making a strawberry arugula salad with goat cheese and balsamic vinaigrette, or a winter fruit salad with spinach and poppy seed dressing.
With these substitutions and variations, you can make this snow salad recipe truly your own. Get creative and have fun with it!
Serving and Pairing
When it comes to serving this snow salad with strawberry sauce, you have several options. One great idea is to serve it as a sweet side dish alongside grilled chicken, fish or steak. The sweetness of the strawberries and the creaminess of the Cool Whip will complement the savory flavors of your main course perfectly.
Another great way to enjoy this salad is as a dessert. You can serve it on its own, or add a scoop of vanilla ice cream or whipped cream for an extra indulgent treat. It’s also a perfect option if you’re hosting a party and need to offer desserts to guests with different dietary restrictions since it’s gluten-free and can be easily adapted to accommodate other needs.
For pairing, there are several options that will enhance the flavors of this delightful recipe. If you want something refreshing, a glass of white wine like Pinot Grigio or Riesling would do the trick. On the other hand, if you want something richer, a red wine like Merlot or Cabernet Sauvignon would work better.
If you’re looking for a non-alcoholic option, try making a fresh fruit smoothie with frozen strawberries and some dairy-free milk alternatives like almond milk or coconut milk. Alternatively, you could also make a mojito fruit salad with fresh mint leaves, lime juice and sliced strawberries – the perfect combination of tangy and sweet.
Finally, you can throw in some greens like spinach in your plate to make it more balanced and rich in nutrients. A strawberry spinach salad drizzled with some balsamic vinaigrette is one fantastic option that pairs well with this snow salad with strawberry sauce.
Whatever your choice may be, rest assured that this snow salad with strawberry sauce will delight everyone at your table!
Make-Ahead, Storing and Reheating
When it comes to preparing for a party, there’s nothing more stressful than last-minute cooking. Luckily, this snow salad with strawberry sauce recipe can be made ahead of time and stored until serving. After you make the recipe, cool it down to room temperature before storing it in an airtight container in the refrigerator. This will ensure that the salad stays fresh and maintains its texture.
If you’re making this recipe ahead of time, I recommend holding off on adding the sliced strawberries until right before you plan on serving it. This will keep the strawberries looking fresh and appetizing. Also, if you need to prepare the strawberry sauce beforehand, it can be made up to three days in advance and refrigerated until needed.
To reheat the salad, place it on a serving dish and let it sit at room temperature for 30 minutes before serving. You could also place the container in a bowl of warm water to speed up the process. Keep in mind that overcooking or reheating the salad could cause it to lose its texture and shape.
As for storing leftovers, you can store them in an airtight container or use individual containers for easy grab-and-go servings later on. You can store this salad for up to three days in the refrigerator or use any extra strawberry sauce outside of this recipe as a topping for pancakes or ice cream.
By keeping these make-ahead tips in mind, preparing the snow salad with strawberry sauce recipe will be a breeze and take one less thing off your party planning plate so that you can enjoy your guests without stress.
Tips for Perfect Results
Cooking is an art that requires practice, patience, and precision. Here are some helpful tips to ensure that your Snow Salad with Strawberry Sauce turns out delicious and flavorful every time.
Firstly, it is important to dissolve the gelatin properly. Make sure that you add cold water to the powdered gelatin mix and stir it to avoid any lumps. Allow it to sit for a few minutes before adding hot water, while constantly stirring until the gelatin dissolves completely. This will prevent any gritty or lumpy texture in the salad.
Using fresh ingredients will always elevate the taste of the salad. Use fresh strawberries instead of frozen ones for better flavor, texture, and color.
When making the strawberry sauce, you can adjust the sweetness level as per your liking by adding more or less sugar. If the sauce is too thick, you can thin it out by adding a little bit of lemon juice or water.
Try adding other fruits such as sliced peaches, kiwis or mangoes in your Snow Salad to give it a burst of flavor and color. You could also incorporate different textures like crunchy nuts or sweet coconut flakes to make it more interesting.
For a vegan version, substitute sour cream with dairy-free yogurt and Cool Whip with whipped coconut cream or aquafaba-based whipped cream.
Lastly, don’t forget to garnish with some additional sliced strawberries or mint leaves before serving. This adds both color and freshness to your dish.
By following these tips, you can ensure that your Snow Salad with Strawberry Sauce comes out perfect every time!
With the Snow Salad with Strawberry Sauce recipe, you can confidently make a dish that is both refreshing and unique. The combination of textures and flavors creates a harmonious balance that is sure to delight your taste buds. Plus, you have plenty of options to customize this dish to your liking.
Whether you are throwing a party or just want to treat yourself to something special, this salad recipe is an excellent choice. The Strawberry Sauce recipe alone is worth mastering for its versatility and sweet-tart taste. As summer approaches, keep some frozen strawberries on hand, and you can easily whip up the sauce for an afternoon snack or a dessert topping.
Overall, this recipe is easy to follow and doesn’t require too much effort. With some patience and creativity, you can make a stunning dish that will impress everyone. So why not give it a try? Remember, cooking is an art form; embrace the process with an open mind and let your imagination guide you. Bon Appetit!
Snow Salad With Strawberry Sauce Recipe
- 1 (1/4 ounce) package unflavored gelatin, such as knox
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip
- 1 (4 3/4 ounce) package salada strawberry-flavor danish dessert mix
- 1 (10 ounce) carton frozen strawberries or 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- Dissolve gelatin in cold water.
- Add boiling water and stir well to dissolve.
- Add sugar and vanilla.
- Stir to dissolve.
- Whisk in sour cream until mixture is smooth.
- Blend in Cool Whip with whisk.
- Pour mixture into large (6 cup) ring mold.
- Let set in refrigerator a few hours or overnight.
- For sauce, follow directions on Salada Danish Dessert package for making sauce.
- Add strawberries; mix well.
- To serve, unmold salad and serve with sauce in bowl in center.
- Slice salad and ladle sauce over each piece.
- Can also be poured into pecan or graham cracker crust and served as dessert.
- Can also use pie filling in place of sauce.
Your Own Notes
Recommended Recipes Just For You
Anna is a culinary expert who specializes in grilling delicious BBQ dishes. She also enjoys sharing her recipes and experiences with her foodie community on her blog. She’s the total package for any backyard barbecue!