Are you tired of spending hours in the kitchen cooking for your guests when you could be spending time with them instead? Look no further than this Slow Cooker Chicken Parisienne recipe. With minimal prep and maximum flavor, this dish is sure to become a staple at all of your gatherings.
The beauty of slow cooker chicken is that it does all the work for you – while you sit back, relax, and let the flavors meld together in perfect harmony. This chicken parisienne recipe is no exception. Tender boneless skinless chicken breasts are cooked to perfection in a mixture of dry white wine, mushroom soup, and sour cream. The addition of paprika adds just the right amount of smokiness to round out the dish.
Not only is this recipe easy to make, it’s also versatile. Serve it over egg noodles for a comforting dinner at home or set it out as a topping for crostini at your next party.
So what are you waiting for? Give this slow cooker chicken parisienne recipe a try and become the talk of your next event.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
Welcome, foodies! I’m here to share with you the delectable Slow Cooker Chicken Parisienne recipe that is sure to make your taste buds tantalized. But before that, let me tell you why you’re going to love this recipe.
First and foremost, this recipe is incredibly easy to make. The preparation takes only a few minutes and then, all you have to do is toss everything into the slow cooker and let it work its magic. As it simmers gently for hours, the flavors of dry white wine, mushroom soup, sour cream, and paprika blend together perfectly resulting in a creamy and delicious sauce that’ll make you want for more.
The second reason why you’re going to love this recipe is because it’s a guaranteed crowd-pleaser. The boneless skinless chicken breasts are cooked in this Parisienne sauce until they are tender, juicy and loaded with flavor. You can serve it as a main dish for your dinner party or even as an appetizer alongside some baked vegetables or mashed potatoes. It’ll be the star of the show and leave everyone impressed.
What’s more? This recipe is incredibly versatile. You can make some minor tweaks or follow different variations to suit your taste preference. You could add in some fresh herbs like thyme or basil for a more robust flavor or swap out the mushrooms for some diced tomatoes for a brighter finish.
And lastly, but most importantly, this recipe is wholesome yet delicious! With all those proteins from chicken breasts and mushrooms along with sour cream that makes it creamy without any unhealthy additives – it’s definitely a guilt-free treat that satisfies your appetite without expanding your waistline.
In conclusion, if you are looking for a quick-to-prepare, crowd-pleasing adaptable recipe that’s healthy too – Slow Cooker Chicken Parisienne is definitely worth trying. Ready to treat your senses? Let’s jump into the details of ingredients and instructions!
6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
Make sure to season each chicken breast with salt and pepper to taste.
1/2 cup of all-purpose flour
The flour is going to help the chicken brown and also helps thicken the sauce later on.
1 can of cream of mushroom soup
This is going to make our sauce extra creamy.
1 cup of dry white wine
I recommend using a dry white wine like Pinot Grigio or Chardonnay.
1/2 cup of sour cream
This adds a unique tangy flavor that goes well with mushrooms and chicken.
8 oz. sliced mushrooms
You can use either fresh or canned mushrooms for this recipe, depending on your preference.
2 tsp. paprika
Paprika enhances your dish’s flavor and aroma, while it also imparts a lovely color to the dish.
- If you have bone-in chicken breasts, use them instead of boneless ones. It can totally work for this recipe if you require a deeper flavor. Adjust the cooking time in your slow cooker – this cut takes longer to cook.
- To make this recipe gluten-free, you can swap all-purpose flour for gluten-free flour such as rice flour or cornstarch.
- Want to add more veggies? Carrots and potatoes are perfect additions to this dish! Just chop them into bite-sized chunks and add them in when you put the chicken in the slow cooker.
The Recipe How-To
Now it’s time to roll up our sleeves and get cooking. Trust me, this recipe epitomizes simplicity and tastiness. Here are the necessary steps to follow to make your Slow Cooker Chicken Parisienne:
You’ll need the following ingredients:
- 4-6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Salt, pepper, and paprika (to taste)
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1/2 tsp of paprika
- 2 Tbsp of all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup of dry white wine
- 1 can of cream of mushroom soup
- 8 oz. of sliced mushrooms
- 2 tsp of sour cream
Follow these simple steps to prepare the recipe:
- In a mixing bowl combine dry white wine, cream of mushroom soup, and sliced mushrooms.
- In another bowl mix together salt, pepper, paprika, and flour.
- Sprinkle chicken breast halves lightly with salt and pepper then place them in the slow cooker.
- Sprinkle chicken with the flour mixture until fully coated.
- Combine wine mixture with sour cream in a separate bowl until well combined.
- Pour mixture over the chicken in the slow cooker.
Now comes the easy part! Simply follow these steps for perfectly cooked Slow Cooker Chicken Parisienne:
- Set cooker to high for four hours or low for eight hours.
- Once cooking is done, season chicken breasts with a dash or two of paprika to taste.
- Serve with rice or noodles.
And just like that, you’ve got yourself a creamy slow-cooked chicken parisienne that will make everyone at the party swoon over it!
Substitutions and Variations
The Slow Cooker Chicken Parisienne recipe can be easily customized to suit your taste or dietary restrictions. Here are some substitutions and variations you can try:
– Instead of boneless, skinless chicken breasts, you can use chicken thighs or drumsticks for a more flavorful dish.
– If you don’t have dry white wine on hand, you can replace it with chicken broth or apple cider vinegar.
– For a healthier version of the recipe, you can skip the all-purpose flour and use cornstarch instead to thicken the sauce.
– If you’re not a fan of mushrooms, you can substitute them with diced bell peppers or zucchini.
– For a spicy twist, add some chili flakes or cayenne pepper to the paprika seasoning mix.
– If you prefer a creamier sauce, stir in additional sour cream towards the end of cooking or use a thicker cream of mushroom soup.
– To make this recipe even more versatile, consider adding different herbs such as thyme, oregano or rosemary.
Whatever substitutions or variations you choose, keep in mind that this recipe is highly adaptable and forgiving. Experiment with ingredients and flavor combinations that work for your palate and turn this classic dish into your own signature creation.
Serving and Pairing
Now that you have finished cooking this delightful Slow Cooker Chicken Parisienne recipe, it’s time to serve it up and enjoy! The dish has a creamy and savory flavor that pairs perfectly with a side of steamed vegetables or over a warm bed of white rice.
One of my favorite things about this dish is how adaptable it is. Are you hosting a dinner party? Serve with a side of garlic mashed potatoes for your guests to indulge in. Want to keep things light? Consider pairing it with a mixed green salad topped with a tangy vinaigrette dressing.
If you’re hosting an intimate gathering and have some extra time, why not try whipping up some freshly baked bread or homemade dinner rolls to serve alongside the Slow Cooker Chicken Parisienne? Trust me, the warm bread dipped into the creamy chicken parisienne sauce will leave your taste buds feeling absolutely elated.
In terms of wine pairings, I would recommend sticking with dry white wines like Sauvignon Blanc or Chardonnay. These selections offer crisp acidity and depth of flavor that help enhance the notes in this dish. For those who prefer red wine, try opting for a lighter-bodied red like Pinot Noir or Cabernet Franc.
Remember, the most important thing when it comes to serving and pairing Slow Cooker Chicken Parisienne is to enjoy yourself! Let your taste buds lead the way and don’t be afraid to try different combinations until you find your perfect match.
Make-Ahead, Storing and Reheating
Now let’s talk about the make-ahead, storing, and reheating of this delicious Slow Cooker Chicken Parisienne dish. As with most slow cooker recipes, this dish can be made ahead of time, making it a lifesaver for busy party hosts.
To make it a day or two in advance, follow the recipe instructions up to step 5. Once you’ve combined the wine, soup, and mushrooms, pour them over the chicken breasts in a container and store it in the refrigerator until you’re ready to cook. When that day arrives, simply place the container contents into your slow cooker and cook for four to six hours on low. The result will taste just as delicious as if it were freshly made.
When it comes to storing any leftovers from your Slow Cooker Chicken Parisienne Recipe, I recommend placing it in an airtight container in the refrigerator. It should keep for up to three days.
To reheat the leftovers simply take out what you plan to eat and microwave or heat over low heat in a saucepan, ensuring that you don’t overcook or dry out the dish.
If you end up with more than you can eat within three days – this is unlikely – consider freezing it. Just portion out your leftovers into freezer-friendly bags and when you’re craving some hearty comfort food at a later date, defrost it overnight in your fridge before reheating.
With these tips you now have a recipe that is not only great for serving at parties but also easy to make ahead of time and hassle-free to store and reheat as needed.
Tips for Perfect Results
Now that you have all the ingredients ready and your slow cooker is set, here are some tips to help you achieve the best Slow Cooker Chicken Parisienne recipe.
1. Thicken the sauce: To thicken the sauce, mix 2 teaspoons of cornstarch with 2 tablespoons of cold water in a small bowl. Add the mixture to the slow cooker, stir well, and cook for an additional 15 minutes before serving. This will give you a thick and creamy sauce that will beautifully coat the chicken breasts.
2. Use fresh ingredients: While it’s possible to use canned or frozen mushrooms for this recipe, fresh mushrooms will always provide better flavor and texture. Check that they are firm and free of blemishes before including them in your slow cooker.
3. Season wisely: Be careful when seasoning the chicken breasts because too much salt or paprika can overpower the other flavors of this dish. Lightly sprinkle each piece with salt and paprika to ensure a beautifully balanced taste.
4. Don’t overcook the chicken: Overcooking can dry out the chicken breast, making it tough and less enjoyable to eat. Keep an eye on your slow cooker while it’s working, and remove the chicken once it reaches an internal temperature of 165°F.
5. Add sour cream at the end: Adding sour cream too early in the cooking process could cause curdling due to high heat. Instead, stir in sour cream during the last 10-15 minutes before serving for a silky texture.
6. Let it sit before serving: Allow your Slow Cooker Chicken Parisienne to cool down for at least 5 minutes before slicing it to help retain its juiciness.
By following these tips, you’ll have a delicious Slow Cooker Chicken Parisienne recipe just like what my guests always rave about!
There you have it, folks! The Slow Cooker Chicken Parisienne Recipe that will satisfy even the most discerning taste buds. This recipe is easy to follow, requires minimal preparation, and delivers maximum flavor. With simple ingredients, such as boneless skinless chicken breasts, sour cream, mushrooms, and dry white wine, you can create a delicious meal that your family and friends will love.
The beauty of this recipe is its versatility. You can easily adjust the ingredients to suit your preferences or dietary needs. Whether you want to add more paprika for an extra kick or substitute the mushrooms for another vegetable, this recipe allows you to get creative in the kitchen.
And let’s not forget the convenience of using a slow cooker. You can set it and forget it while you go about your day or prepare for your party. It’s perfect for those busy weeknights or when you want to impress your guests without spending hours in the kitchen.
So what are you waiting for? Try this Slow Cooker Chicken Parisienne Recipe today and experience the creamy, savory goodness of this classic dish. And don’t forget to share your thoughts and experiences with us in the comments below. Happy cooking!
Slow Cooker Chicken Parisienne Recipe
- 4 -6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- salt & pepper
- paprika, lightly sprinkled
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) can mushrooms
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- Season chicken breasts with salt, pepper and paprika.
- Place in slow cooker.
- In a mixing bowl, combine wine, soup and mushrooms.
- In another bowl mix together sour cream and flour.
- Stir sour cream mixture into the mushrooms and wine.
- Pour over chicken in slow cooker.
- Sprinkle with additional paprika if desired.
- Cover, and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.
Your Own Notes
Recommended Recipes Just For You
Anna is a culinary expert who specializes in grilling delicious BBQ dishes. She also enjoys sharing her recipes and experiences with her foodie community on her blog. She’s the total package for any backyard barbecue!