Are you looking for a delicious and mouth-watering recipe to spice up your next party? Look no further than this Seafood Nachos-Like Chi-Chi’s Recipe. Inspired by the classic Chi-Chi’s recipe, this dish features a decadent blend of seafood, cheese, and fresh ingredients that is sure to please even the most discerning palate.
Imagine serving up a plate of perfectly crispy tortilla chips layered with succulent crab, tender lobster, juicy shrimp, blanketed in Monterey Jack and sharp Cheddar cheese. Top it off with dollops of creamy sour cream, zesty salsa, and chopped green onions for an explosion of flavor in every bite. Whether you’re hosting a small get-together or a large gathering, this recipe is sure to impress your guests.
But don’t just take my word for it, try it out for yourself and see why seafood nachos are quickly becoming one of the most popular dishes at parties all across the country. So let’s get cooking and make your next gathering unforgettable with this Seafood Nachos-Like Chi-Chi’s Recipe.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
Are you a fan of seafood? Do you love nachos? Well, what if we told you that we have combined the two to create a dish that will blow your mind? This seafood nachos-like Chi-Chi’s recipe is everything you need and more.
Firstly, imagine the crispiness of the tortilla chips in every bite, then add in the creaminess of sour cream and salsa. Mix in some savory green onions and top it all off with Monterey Jack and sharp cheddar cheese. But wait, it doesn’t end there! We’ve thrown in cooked shrimp and lobster to take this recipe to a whole new level of deliciousness.
One of the great things about this recipe is that it is easy to put together. All you need are a few ingredients and you’re ready to go! We even provide substitutions and variations to cater to different dietary needs or just personal preferences.
Not only is this dish delicious and easy to make, but it’s also perfect for sharing with friends and family at a party or gathering. It’s quick enough to whip up for a spontaneous hangout, but elegant enough to present at a formal event.
Overall, there are so many reasons why you’ll love this seafood nachos-like Chi-Chi’s recipe. It’s savory, creamy, crispy, and packed full of flavor. Give it a try and impress your taste buds!
Here are the ingredients you will need to recreate this seafood nachos-like Chi-Chi’s recipe:
For the Cheese Sauce:
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 ounces shredded American cheese
- 1 and ½ cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
For the Seafood Mixture:
- 1/4 cup cooked shrimp, chopped
- 1/4 cup cooked crab meat, chopped
- 1/4 cup cooked lobster meat, chopped
For the Nachos:
- 10-inch plate of tortilla chips (approximately 10 chips)
- Shredded seafood mixture from above
- Shredded Monterey Jack cheese from above
- 2 tablespoons diced green onion
- Salsa and sour cream for dipping
You can easily find these ingredients in your nearest grocery store.
The Recipe How-To
To start, preheat your oven to 375°F. Then, line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or use a cast iron skillet to assemble nachos. Spread 10 ounces of tortilla chips evenly over the lined baking sheet or cast iron skillet. Make sure all the edges and corners are covered with chips.
Next, spread a layer of seafood over the tortilla chips. You can use cooked shrimp or crab meat or both. Make sure the seafood is in bite-sized pieces and spread it evenly over the tortilla chips.
Now sprinkle shredded Monterey Jack cheese over the seafood and tortilla chips until everything is covered well. Wait, don’t forget about the Cheddar cheese! Now cover it again with a second layer of shredded mixed Cheddar cheese.
After they’re loaded with seafood and cheese, pop them into the preheated oven and bake for about 10-15 minutes. Keep an eye on them because you don’t want them to burn at all!
While they are baking, prepare the white sauce: melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a saucepan over medium heat then add in 1 tablespoon of flour stir constantly until a smooth paste is formed. Add 1 cup of heavy cream, whisking constantly for 5 minutes until it thickens up.
If you prefer a little bit more kick, you can also toss in some Tabasco sauce (try ¼ teaspoon at first). Once your white sauce is ready, take your nachos out of the oven and drizzle it over the top of your cooked nachos. Finish off by adding a dollop of sour cream on top and garnishing with sliced green onions if desired.
Your Nachos should be ready to go now !
Substitutions and Variations
Are you feeling adventurous and looking to switch up the classic seafood nachos? Here are some substitutions and variations that might pique your interest.
– Protein: Not a fan of shrimp? No problem! You can replace the shrimp with your favorite seafood, such as diced scallops, crab meat or even shredded fish. For a vegetarian option, swap the seafood for beans or tofu.
– Cheese: While Monterey Jack and cheddar cheese make a great combination, you could try using other types of cheese such as queso blanco, feta or blue cheese. You could also mix up the ratio of cheese or use reduced-fat options if you’re health-conscious.
– Salsa: The salsa is where you can really get creative with flavors. Instead of regular chunky salsa, try using roasted tomato salsa, mango salsa or even choose from a wide variety of hot sauces available in the market!
– Toppings: Don’t limit yourself to just green onions; think outside the box and add chopped avocado, diced tomatoes or jalapenos to spice things up. Cilantro and lime juice are also great additions for a zesty freshness.
– Tortilla chips: You could use traditional yellow corn tortilla chips, but why not try mixing in some blue corn chips for a pop of color? And if you are feeling extra creative, swap out tortilla chips altogether with crackers or pita bread.
With these substitutions and variations, you can create a unique twist on traditional seafood nachos that’s sure to have your guests impressed!
Serving and Pairing
Now that you’ve made these scrumptious seafood nachos like Chi Chi’s recipe, it’s time to serve them up! These nachos are best enjoyed piping hot, surrounded by good company.
Serve your seafood nachos family-style on a large platter or skillet. Alternatively, you can distribute the nachos onto individual plates or bowls. Keep in mind that the seafood and cheese will be hot and gooey, so it’s best to provide napkins or a small towel for guests to clean their fingers.
When it comes to pairing, there are endless possibilities. Given the richness of these nachos, I love serving them with a crisp salad dressed with a citrus vinaigrette. This helps to cut through the indulgence of the dish while adding some brightness to your meal. You can also serve them with some fresh guacamole or pico de gallo salsa for extra flavor and texture.
How about drinks? These seafood nachos pair well with light beers like Corona, Pacifico, or Heineken. If you prefer wine, opt for a white wine with high acidity such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio. For non-alcoholic options, sparkling water infused with lemon or lime is always refreshing and complements the vibrant flavors of the dish.
Remember, good food is meant to be shared and enjoyed in good company. So gather your friends and family, put on some lively music, and devour these seafood nachos like Chi Chi’s recipe together!
Make-Ahead, Storing and Reheating
As any seasoned party host knows, preparing in advance is key to a successful gathering. Thankfully, these Seafood Nachos are quite accommodating and can be mostly prepared ahead of time. You can make the seafood mixture and the cheese sauce the day before and store them separately in airtight containers in the refrigerator until you’re ready to assemble and bake the nachos.
If you’re having guests over, it’s a good idea to have extra toppings and chips within reach so that everyone can be catered to their liking even if they prefer more of one topping over another. Simply warm the seafood filling and cheese sauce on the stove on low heat while stirring occasionally to prevent burning or sticking.
Additionally, if you have leftovers, it’s recommended that you quickly reheat them only once to maintain the texture of the chips. To do this, preheat your oven to 350°F (180°C) and place the leftover portion of nachos in a baking dish. Cover with aluminum foil to prevent drying out and bake for approximately 10-15 minutes depending on your oven’s heating ability. Remove from oven once everything is heated through then garnish with fresh green onions, sour cream or salsa depending on your preferences.
Overall, these Seafood Nachos-Like Chi-Chi’s Recipe are perfect for those who want an easy-to-follow flavorful appetizer that’s easily adaptable to personal preferences, that can be done days before work, that keep well overnight, that reheats well, and ultimately provides enough food options for all guests involved.
Tips for Perfect Results
To ensure perfect results and a memorable seafood nachos experience, follow these tips:
First off, use fresh seafood in your recipe. Fresh ingredients will enhance the flavors and elevate the dish to new heights. Overcooked seafood will become rubbery and not taste as good.
Secondly, remember to spread out the tortilla chips evenly on the plate before you begin layering them with the seafood and cheese toppings. This way, each chip has an equal amount of toppings for optimal flavor.
Thirdly, use high-quality cheeses such as Monterey Jack and sharp cheddar. These will bring a rich flavor and gooey texture to your nachos. Avoid using processed cheese or low-quality cheese substitutes as they may not melt properly or give the desired taste.
Fourthly if you prefer spicier nachos, add Tabasco sauce sparingly to your recipe. Avoid adding too much cumin to prevent overpowering other flavors.
Fifthly, opt for reduced-fat sour cream instead of regular sour cream for a lighter option without compromising taste.
Sixthly, use wax paper to line your plate before layering the chips. It makes cleaning up much easier while also preventing any soggy parts caused by leakage from sturdier plates.
Seventhly, don’t be afraid to experiment with different types of seafood! For instance, try swapping lobster for crab or shrimp. You can also include diced tomatoes and diced green chilies in the mix if you want your meal more tangy.
Lastly, serve immediately after cooking for a crispy texture as leaving it too long might make the tortilla chips soggy. Enjoy!
In conclusion, these seafood nachos-like Chi-Chi’s recipe will be a game-changer for your next party. With their irresistible blend of flavors and textures, they are sure to become a crowd favorite.
One of the reasons why this recipe stands out is its versatility. You can customize it to suit your preferences and dietary needs by swapping ingredients or adjusting spiciness levels.
Moreover, the tips and recommendations provided will guarantee perfect results every time, ensuring that you impress your guests with restaurant-quality nachos.
So go ahead and give these seafood nachos-like Chi-Chi’s recipe a try. They are easy to make, delicious, and sure to be a hit!
Seafood Nachos-Like Chi-Chi’s Recipe
- 2 1/2 ounces butter
- 2 1/2 ounces flour
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon lobster base
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 2 1/2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 cup American cheese, grated
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup sour cream
- 8 ounces tiny cooked shrimp, peeled
- 8 ounces imitation crabmeat
- 2 tablespoons diced jalapenos
- 1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup monterey jack cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup green onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 10 ounces tortilla chips, restaurant style
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large skillet over medium heat melt butter.
- Whisk in butter, making a roux.
- Dissolve lobster base, garlic salt and Tabasco sauce in water, whisking into roux, stirring constantly until sauce becomes thick.
- Stir in American cheese until completely melted.
- Stir in heavy cream and sour cream until well blended.
- To assemble:.
- Arrange tortilla chips onto 2-3 oven safe plates.
- Take 1 and 1/2 cups of the nacho cheese base and pour into a microwave safe bowl.
- Add the shrimp, imitation crab and chilies, stirring well.
- Microwave on high for about 30 seconds if mixture is not hot.
- Pour evenly over plates of tortilla chips.
- Sprinkle on cheeses and green onions.
- Place in preheated oven for 4-5 minutes, or until cheese is bubbly and melted.
- Serves 2-3.
- Reserve remaining nacho sauce base in fridge for another batch.
Your Own Notes
Recommended Recipes Just For You
Anna is a culinary expert who specializes in grilling delicious BBQ dishes. She also enjoys sharing her recipes and experiences with her foodie community on her blog. She’s the total package for any backyard barbecue!