Are you looking for a sweet fix without having to compromise on your low-carb or keto diet? Look no further than this delicious Low-Carb Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge recipe! I’m excited to share with you my take on this classic treat that is both sugar-free and gluten-free.
My personal love affair with fudge began when I was growing up in the countryside. My grandmother, who was an expert fudge maker, taught me her secret recipes and tricks of the trade in the kitchen. Once I mastered butter fudge, I became curious about chocolate peanut butter fudge. Using my grandmother’s timeless concepts and my expertise, you can make tasty low carb fudge bars that are ready in just a few minutes.
My xylitol-based recipe not only satisfies your sweet tooth but also helps keep your blood sugars stable while providing healthy fats from almond flour and low-sugar peanut butter. What’s more enticing than having a healthier alternative to regular chocolate fudge while still enjoying all its deliciousness? Trust me; you won’t miss the usual sugary carbs that come with most fudge recipes.
Whether you’re hosting a party or just having a cheat snack after dinner, my three-ingredient keto-friendly Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge is easy to make and perfect to share with friends and family. Let’s get started by exploring why you’ll love this recipe.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
I must say that if you are a lover of peanut butter and chocolate, this recipe will take you to paradise. But wait a minute. What if I told you that this Low-Carb Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge is not only delicious but also keto-friendly, sugar-free, and gluten-free? Sounds like a dream come true, right?
Using xylitol as an artificial sweetener, this low-carb chocolate peanut butter fudge recipe offers indulgence without compromising your health goals. The combination of creamy peanut butter, luscious chocolate chips, and half-and-half cream gives a melt-in-your-mouth texture that is highly addictive!
What’s more captivating is the ease with which this recipe comes together. With just six ingredients and a couple of minutes of mixing, refrigerating, and slicing, you’ve got yourself healthy desserts for parties in no time.
Whether it’s for a cozy date night or a weekend relaxation by yourself, this chocolate peanut butter fudge recipe will give your taste buds an everlasting sensation that satisfies your sweet cravings while keeping you on track with your nutritional goals.
Let’s have a closer look at the ingredient list for this low-carb chocolate peanut butter fudge recipe. You will need:
- 1 cup of creamy peanut butter
- ½ cup of unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tsp of pure vanilla extract
- ¼ cup of finely ground blanched almond flour
- ½ cup of xylitol (or any other artificial sweetener)
- 2 tbsp of half-and-half cream
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup of sugar-free chocolate chips (preferably dark chocolate)
- Optional: chopped nuts or additional sea salt for topping
This recipe is keto-friendly, gluten-free and sugar-free, which makes it perfect for anyone who loves healthy desserts without compromising on taste.
The Recipe How-To
Now that we have covered the ingredients, let’s dive into the step-by-step procedure to create this delicious Low-Carb Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge.
Step 1: Melt the Butter and Chocolate
Melt 1 cup of dark chocolate chips and ½ cup peanut butter over medium heat. Make sure to stir continuously as they melt. Remove from heat once fully melted.
Step 2: Prepare the Sweetener
Add ¼ cup xylitol, 2 tbsp almond flour, 1 tsp vanilla extract in a mixing bowl.
Step 3: Mix Everything Together
Pour the chocolate-peanut butter mix into the bowl and use an electric mixer on low speed to blend everything until it combines well.
Step 4: Add Cream Cheese
Soften the cream cheese in microwave for about 10 seconds then blend in together using a mixer.
Step 5: Combine Ingredients
Add one egg at a time for mixing with the cream cheese until it’s fluffy. Then add half-and-half cream until everything is well combined.
Step 6: Pour Mixture Into Pan
Pour mixture into a greased square baking pan (8″x8″). You can use parchment paper too to make removal easier.
Step 7: Freeze for Four Hours
Place the pan in the freezer and freeze for at least four hours, or until becoming firm enough. When ready, cut into small squares and serve chilled.
Follow these simple steps to create this decadent Low-Carb Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge. You will surely enjoy its rich chocolatey flavor with every bite.
Substitutions and Variations
There are plenty of ways to make this low-carb chocolate peanut butter fudge recipe your own. Here are some substitutions and variations you can try.
– Almond butter: If you don’t like the taste of peanut butter or have an allergy, try using almond butter instead. It has a similar texture and will still give you that nutty flavor.
– Coconut oil: You can use coconut oil in place of butter for a dairy-free option. Make sure to use refined coconut oil so it doesn’t have a coconut taste.
– Different sweeteners: Instead of xylitol, you could use erythritol, stevia, or monk fruit sweetener. Just make sure to adjust the amounts accordingly since they may have different levels of sweetness.
– Dark chocolate: If you’re not a fan of milk chocolate, use dark chocolate chips instead. This will make the fudge richer and less sweet.
– White chocolate: For a different twist, try making white chocolate peanut butter fudge. Use white chocolate chips and skip the cocoa powder.
– Add-ins: Feel free to mix in other ingredients like chopped nuts or unsweetened shredded coconut for some extra crunch.
Remember, as with any recipe, substitutions can affect the final outcome. Be sure to test out any substitutions before serving at a party!
Serving and Pairing
Dishing out a delicious and low-carb chocolate peanut butter fudge is the perfect way to finish off any meal. Because it’s sugar-free, gluten-free and keto-friendly, it can be a great addition to any health-conscious or low-carb diet.
When it comes to pairing the fudge, there are plenty of options to choose from. You can serve it alongside a big cup of coffee in the afternoon or for dessert after dinner. I recommend garnishing it with some chopped peanuts and peanut butter drizzle on top for added texture and depth of flavor.
If you want to indulge in some refreshing drinks alongside your fudge, I recommend serving iced coffee or cold brew. These beverages allow the richness of the fudge to shine through without overpowering your palate.
Alternatively, you can even use this chocolate peanut butter fudge as a base ingredient for other desserts such as brownie mix or cake frosting. The sky is the limit with this low-carb chocolate delight.
Above all, make sure you enjoy this guilt-free dessert that won’t set your waistline back like a normal candy bar would!
Make-Ahead, Storing and Reheating
Now that you’ve made this scrumptious low-carb chocolate peanut butter fudge, you may be wondering how to store it properly. Don’t worry; it’s quite simple to keep it fresh and delicious for longer.
Once you let the fudge cool down completely, wrap it tightly with plastic wrap or place in an airtight container. It can remain at room temperature for up to 3 days, or in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. It’s best to cut the fudge into small pieces or squares beforehand so you can grab and enjoy them as desired.
If you want to make the fudge ahead of time, simply follow the recipe directions and store in the refrigerator until ready to serve. You can also freeze it for up to 3 months which is perfect if you’re planning a gathering or hosting a party soon.
Reheating fudge is also a breeze! If your fudge was stored in the refrigerator or freezer, allow it to come back up to room temperature before eating. If you’re in a rush, use a microwave-safe dish and reheat on high for 10-15 second intervals until desired temperature is reached. You can also reheat it on the stove over low heat until melted again.
These tips will ensure that your low-carb chocolate peanut butter fudge remains fresh and at its best for longer periods of time. Now sit back, relax, and treat yourself whenever you feel like indulging in some delicious dessert without any guilt!
Tips for Perfect Results
Achieving perfect results while making fudge can be tricky, especially when you’re trying to make low-carb or Keto-friendly fudge. But with a few expert tips, you’ll be able to make the perfect batch of Low-Carb Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge (Xylitol) Recipe. Here are some tips to help you get it just right:
1. Use high-quality ingredients: Since this recipe has fewer ingredients than traditional fudge recipes, it’s important to use high-quality ones. This includes using fresh peanut butter, good quality chocolate chips, and pure vanilla extract.
2. Measure your ingredients correctly: This is important for any recipe, but it’s even more critical when making fudge. Be precise with measuring the xylitol, almond flour, and half-and-half cream to ensure a perfect consistency.
3. Melt the chocolate chips slowly: To prevent burning the chocolate chips, melt them on low heat, stirring constantly until they’re fully melted.
4. Mix vigorously: Be sure to mix your fudge mixture vigorously after adding all the ingredients to ensure that everything is evenly distributed.
5. Chill thoroughly: Once everything is mixed together, chill the entire batch in the refrigerator for at least an hour before cutting into pieces.
6. Experiment with toppings and add-ins: This recipe is versatile enough that you can experiment with different toppings and add-ins such as shredded coconut, chopped nuts or sea salt.
By following these tips and tricks developed by Home Chef Extraordinaire Michael Carter aka The Hillbilly Kitchen, you’ll be well on your way to creating perfect low-carb chocolate peanut butter fudge every time!
In conclusion, this low-carb chocolate peanut butter fudge recipe is the perfect treat to satisfy your sweet tooth without taking you out of ketosis. With its creamy texture and rich flavor, it’s hard to believe that it’s sugar-free and keto-friendly. This recipe is a great way to indulge in your cravings while staying on track with your health goals.
By using xylitol as a sweetener instead of actual sugar, this recipe ensures that you can satisfy your cravings without any harmful side effects. Xylitol is known to be a healthier alternative to regular sugar, making it perfect for those who want to enjoy their treats guilt-free.
Make this recipe for your next party or gathering and watch your guests go wild over the delicious taste. It’s an easy-to-make dessert that will undoubtedly leave a lasting impression. Also, feel free to experiment with different variations to suit your individual preferences.
In summary, if you’re looking for a healthy alternative to traditional high-calorie desserts, give this low-carb chocolate peanut butter fudge recipe a try. It’s an excellent way to enjoy the flavors of chocolate and peanut butter on a keto diet without sacrificing taste or quality. So put on your apron and head to the kitchen because it’s time to make a batch of delicious fudge bars!
Low-Carb Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge (Xylitol) Recipe
- 4 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate
- 1 cup natural-style peanut butter
- 3/4 cup xylitol sugar substitute
- 1 tablespoon artificial sweetener
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Melt the baking chocolate in a double boiler over medium heat.
- Add xylitol and half & half, and stir to blend well.
- Heat the mixture, stirring occasionally, until dissolved, smooth, and very hot (no need to boil).
- Remove from heat and stir in peanut butter and vanilla.
- Press mixture into a flat container that gives the desired height for your fudge. I use a fairly small container so that when I slice the fudge, pieces will be square.
- Chill until firm, then cut into 16 pieces. Store in refrigerator.
Your Own Notes
Recommended Recipes Just For You
Anna is a culinary expert who specializes in grilling delicious BBQ dishes. She also enjoys sharing her recipes and experiences with her foodie community on her blog. She’s the total package for any backyard barbecue!