Seasons change. Life changes. And sometimes blogging changes too!
I’m back from the countryside and have been cooking up a storm in our new house (!!) back in the city (!!)
So okay, okay. I must admit. The country life wasn’t exactly for me. But I gave it my best, that counts, right? 🙂
Along with the big move, I’ve also been making some changes to our menu to incorporate more and more fresh, healthy ingredients and less and less of the processed stuff.
Like this, who wouldn’t want to dig into this…?
So it only made sense that I make a return to share all of this deliciousness with each of you.
With work and life being so hectic, and I know I’m not the only one, the blog is going to focus on helping all you meal preparers create clean, healthy foods (mosttttt of the time, right 😉 ) that don’t take hours in the kitchen. And that taste superb.
Just like this dish. Which is an example of fresh, wholesome ingredients that is just TOO GOOD not to share. And it’s oh-so pretty.
I mean, come one, who doesn’t think that a sweet potato crust is just the coolest thing ever??? (Okay, maybe just me…?)
Anyhow. Give this one a try. I made it up on a leisurely Sunday so we had it on hand for easy meals. And it was so simple, you could throw it together with the few hours of free time you may get on a weekend while doing laundry and all those chores (am I right or am I right 🙂 )
Summer Meets Fall Quiche – w/ Sweet Potato Crust!
- 1 sweet potato, peeled & sliced thin
- 1/2 small onion, diced
- 1 yellow squash, diced
- 2 tblsp pesto
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 shredded mozzarella cheese
- salt, pepper, olive oil
- Peel sweet potatoes, slice paper thin. I definitely recommend using a V slicer like this one – and buying one if you don’t have – they are awesome! Place sliced potatoes into a lightly oiled pie dish, brush a little oil on top and pop into a 350F oven for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, sauté the zucchini and onion in a little olive oil plus pesto until the veggies are somewhat soft. Remove from heat.
- Whisk together eggs, milk and season w/ salt & pepper.
- Allow crust to cool for a few minutes, then spoon in the veggie mixture, top with cheese and pour the egg mixture over top.
- Done! Now just bake for 20 minutes and you are good to go. See – easy!