Tuna niçoise. One of my favorite dishes at local French restaurant Can Can Brasserie.
And one that I decided to take a twist on in my own kitchen.
Tuna niçoise… pasta!!!
This pasta’s been niçoise’d… or something like that?
An easy make ahead Sunday dinner.
And one that makes for perfect leftover lunches.
Oh yea. Did I mention that it’s super easy even though it sounds so fancy?
That’s probably the best part. Besides the fact that this one was a HUGE hit in our house 🙂
I always love that.
Tuna Niçoise’d Pasta
- 2 large handfuls fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1/3 package linguine
- large handful cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 cans tuna, drained
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- juice of 1 lemon
- 6 hard boiled eggs, peeled & sliced
- 2-3 tblsp olive oil
- salt & pepper
- sliced black olives to serve
- Boil eggs. I usually follow the method described here.
- Add green beans to a medium pot of boiling water, cook 7 minutes. Add in pasta, cook 6-7 minutes more. Drain bean and pasta mixture.
- While green beans and pasta cook, mix together tuna, onion, juice of half the lemon and 1 tblsp olive oil. Season w/ salt & pepper.
- To serve, combine green bean and pasta mixture with tuna mixture and stir in cherry tomatoes while the pasta is still warm. Top the pasta salad with remaining olive oil and lemon and some additional cracked pepper, stir up. To serve, layer on sliced boiled eggs and a sprinkle of pepper to each serving.
Serve room temp or cold and enjoy!!