I have really been looking forward to sharing this recipe with you guys! I threw this together over the weekend and I have to tell you, it really exceeded my expectations. And I wasn’t the only one who thought that – as it was recommended for our next bring-a-dish event … #householdapproved
This corn salad is SO SO easy. You could throw it together in your sleep. And guess what. You don’t even need a kitchen to make it! But, the good news is, all these weeks of renovation have finally paid off! The country kitchen makeover is close to complete – just a backsplash and a can of paint away from done
But back to the recipe. For those of you who like cilantro and feta, this is gonna be the tick to your tock. A little crunch from the peppers and onions. Tangy creaminess from the feta. And a touch of sweetness from the corn. I tell ya, I could eat this all day long!
I really loved how refreshing this salad was and also how light yet filling it seemed. I could see it easily being served as a main dish with perhaps something light on the side. Or as a side dish, as I served ours (Mexican spiced chicken legs and a salad made the meal). The options are endless.
As far as the recipe, I could also see a Greek yogurt sub-in working perfectly too, if mayonnaise isn’t your thing. Go for it!
So what are you waiting for? I know you just might be as ready to hang onto the cool refreshing flavors of summer as I am… Right?!
Hang-on-to-Summer Mexican Corn Salad
- 1 package frozen corn, defrosted
- 1/4 onion, diced
- 1/2 green pepper, diced
- 2 tblsp canned diced green chilis
- 3 tblsp mayonnaise
- 4 oz. crumbled feta
- 2 tblsp lime juice (I used bottled key lime, it’s perfection!)
- handful of fresh cilantro, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Set frozen corn into a medium sized bowl to thaw, an hour or so should be fine.
- Chop onion, green pepper, and cilantro. Add to thawed corn. Also add diced green chilis. Stir to incorporate.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the mayonnaise, feta, and lime juice. If you don’t have key lime juice, the juice of a regular lime should be just fine.
- Pour dressing over corn mixture and stir. Season with salt and pepper as needed.