Weekends should always be full of bacon.
Especially when said bacon is cooked up on a lazy Saturday morning.
And accompanied by pumpkin spice pancakes.
A simple way to jazz up pancake mix with canned pumpkin and a sprinkle of cinnamon.
Cooked up in rich melted butter, really taking them over the top!
Might be a new favorite of mine 🙂
Speaking of bacon.
Why keep it just to breakfast?? I mean…
Bacon. Onion. Brussels Sprouts. Freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
Just killin’ it in the flavor department.
I’m sorry. Did you say you didn’t like brussels sprouts??
Well. This bacon brussels recipe may just be a game changer here.
Just sayin 😉
In addition to bacon, weekends should also be full of fun with friends!
Just bartending away at Local Barre 1 year anniversary party.
Think y’all know how much I love this place 😉
As well as decadent dinners out.
Fall off the bone pork shank from Bacchus on Main.
And what weekend would be complete without football and bicep curls? Just 2 liters of vodka. Don’t worry ’bout it 😉
Because clearly. THAT purchase was necessary haha.
Hope y’all had a great weekend too!
Bacon Brussels Sprouts
- 4 slices bacon, chopped
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2 bags frozen brussels sprouts
- freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- olive oil, salt, pepper
1. Saute onion in 1 tblsp olive oil until tender, about 5 minutes.
2. Push onion to side of pan and add chopped bacon. Cook bacon over medium until slighty browned then stir bacon and onion together in pan. Season with salt & pepper.
3. Push bacon onion mixture to outside of pan and add frozen brussels sprouts to center, cooking over medium until they start to brown on the outside a bit.
4. Stir everything together and cook a few more minutes until brussels are caramelized but not burnt.
5. Top with freshly grated Parmesan cheese, stir and serve!