Say that 3 times fast?? 😉
Well after dinner last night The Man informed me that we had no dessert left… *gasp* the horror!
Being a mandatory after dinner event in our house Friday night and all, I decided, why not whip up some homemade cookies with some things we had on hand… couldn’t be that hard right?!
Well luckily, I was right! And the results were just lovely 🙂
Peanut Butter Banana Chocolate Cake-Cookies
- 1 banana, mashed
- 3 large spoonfuls peanut butter
- 4 tblsp sugar
- 1 egg white
- 2 tblsp butter, melted
- 1 cup flour
- 2 mini Hershey milk chocolate bars, broken
Like I said, this recipe couldn’t have been easier!
1. Combine banana and sugar in a medium size bowl. Mash using a fork (the sugar helps to get it really really mashed).
2. Add in peanut butter and stir until the peanut butter softens (mine was refrigerated since it’s natural) and incorporates fully.
3. Then add in the butter & egg white, continuing to stir with fork until stirred in and kind of “whipped” (this made the cake-cookies fluffy I think).
4. Dump in the flour, incorporate fully but don’t stir too much or the dough will start to get tough.
5. Lastly, break up your chocolate pieces (or use chocolate chips, go for it!) and fold half of them into the batter.
6. Spoon dough onto a cookie sheet sprayed with cooking spray, topping each one with a chunk o’ chocolate. I made 4 big cookies out of this, I would recommend keeping them big as well so they get that cake-like “fluff.”
7. Bake at 350F for about 15 minutes until the bottoms just start to brown/crisp up.
Flavor was spot on. Texture was awesome, the inside was fluffy & light just like a cake and the outside had that cookie-like quality with a slight crisp to hold it all in. The random chocolate chunks were such a delight too!
I’d highly recommend giving these a whirl if you’re addicted to desserts and find yourself scrounging around the cabinets for something sweet a peanut butter & banana fan! I promise you won’t be sorry 😉
Farmer’s market and ExerciseTV workout on the agenda this morning, I better get hoppin’!
Yay for Saturdays 😛