I’m gonna have to make this quick, since only the best show ever comes on in t-minus 35 minutes (yes, that would be Jersey Shore on MTV haha, it has taken front seat to Real Housewives of OC… that’s how serious we are here :P)
So guess who finally got some cardio in today!!! 30 minutes on the elliptical at the gym tonight… felt so freakin’ good even if it wasn’t a super strenuous workout. Ahhhh totally needed that!
Dinner was actually based off a random Ragu recipe I came across the other day…. I’ve been really going to some of these easier, put together fast, old school type meals once or twice a week lately and am lovin’ it! Of course I modified a bit (yea yea yea), but stuck with the basic concept 🙂
Reverse (!) Deep Dish Pizza
Here we goooooo, Energizer Bunny style!!
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tblsp EVOO
- 1 package lean ground beef
- 1 jar tomato sauce (we used Barilla Mushroom/Garlic)
- frozen, chopped broccoli (2/3 pkg)
- 2 cups Italian cheese
- 1 refrigerated pizza crust
- splash of red wine 😉
Here. We. Go!!!!!!!!!
1. Saute garlic and onions in EVOO for a few minutes. Then add ground beef and cook through, adding salt/pepper/oregano to taste. Drain off any fat once done.
2. Add jar of pasta sauce and bring to a boil… if some wine makes its way in then who are you to stop it 😉 ??
3. Once sauce comes to a boil, turn off heat. Now you are ready to assemble!
Broccoli goes right on while still frozen – easy or what?
4. Bake in a 375F oven for about 25 minutes, until crust gets a bit golden and it’s bubbling away 🙂
5. Whip up a quick salad and munch on that while pizza cools for a few.
6. Cut into the deliciousness & serve it up!
Sometimes the simplest recipes are just so good. I proclaimed this one of my favorite recipes yet… which says A LOT since I hardly ever give that title out!!!
I’ll be honest with ya when I say that I really wasn’t looking forward to the ground beef aspect of it, for some reason I have had an aversion to red meat lately? However the final product totally caught me off guard with how delicious it was, I was eating outta the dish while we were putting leftover away hahaha!!!! Back on the red meat train again….?
Alright, 15 minutes and counting. Tomorrow is going to be a VERY BUSY Friday trying to get car information straight and finish up training but I’ll see you friends for sure since it’s FFFFRRRRIIIIDDDDAAAYYYYY 🙂
Have a great night friends!